+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

mand91

Apr 11, 2020
Hi Guys!
I just submitted an application for PGWP and can't seem to find it in my CIC account. I do, however have an email confirmation that says-"
A message about your application is waiting for you." and an application number.
My account shows no submitted application and no messages of any kind of confirmation. Should I wait it out or call IRCC?

t_098

Feb 12, 2022
Does the document status show up on your GCKEY though? If it does, you should be able to see when you were approved and the PGWP expiry date.

The In Canada Approval Letter seems random, some receive, some don't. Give it a couple more days.

FWIW, I've received the Approval Letter in GCKEY, two days after approval.
How long did it take for you to receive a physical copy?

Nandy6

Aug 22, 2019
Hi,

this reply is for TRV (outland) timeline after receiving your PGWP (inland). if you're only waiting for PGWP, you may ignore this.

I am just going to share my timeline since I have seen quite a few queries about TRV processing time after receiving your PGWP inland and like most of you, I couldn't find answers on that.

Context: I applied for my PGWP from ON but I travelled home to India while my PGWP was still being processed and my TRV had expired with my student permit. So to travel back to canada I had to apply for TRV again.

• I received my PGWP approval letter on 25th Jan 2022 inland ON
  • I waited for the physical copy for applying for my TRV outland (though I have read at multiple plces that you can apply with just the approval letter also. However, I did not want to risk it.)
  • I applied for my TRV online from India on Feb 10th after my relatives sent me a scanned copy of my PGWP that they received in Ontario
  • They started processing my background check on Feb 11th 2022
  • On Feb 17th 2022 I received my passport request

Hope this helps or just gives you an estimate of wait times! Though every application is unique and your case may take longer or less time than mine, this is just my experience. Good luck!

Reactions: Miracle2018

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi,

this reply is for TRV (outland) timeline after receiving your PGWP (inland). if you're only waiting for PGWP, you may ignore this.

I am just going to share my timeline since I have seen quite a few queries about TRV processing time after receiving your PGWP inland and like most of you, I couldn't find answers on that.

Context: I applied for my PGWP from ON but I travelled home to India while my PGWP was still being processed and my TRV had expired with my student permit. So to travel back to canada I had to apply for TRV again.

• I received my PGWP approval letter on 25th Jan 2022 inland ON
  • I waited for the physical copy for applying for my TRV outland (though I have read at multiple plces that you can apply with just the approval letter also. However, I did not want to risk it.)
  • I applied for my TRV online from India on Feb 10th after my relatives sent me a scanned copy of my PGWP that they received in Ontario
  • They started processing my background check on Feb 11th 2022
  • On Feb 17th 2022 I received my passport request

Hope this helps or just gives you an estimate of wait times! Though every application is unique and your case may take longer or less time than mine, this is just my experience. Good luck!
Congratulations. I was debating doing this when I applied Feb 4th inland from Canada. I had to go to India but I decided not to risk it since some people ended up waiting 6-7 months outland. Would have also been due to Covid which had impacted.

So very happy for you. All the best

Reactions: Nandy6

vinaytej

Dec 31, 2021
Hi
I submitted my pgwp application without restoration of status. I completed my studies on 18th dec my study permit expired on 19th dec. Applied pgwp on 22 dec, i am unaware of restoration of status and after 2 days i paid 350$ restoration fee as a student and attached that through webform. Receipt is now attached to my file. Is there anyone with the same situation who got approval.

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Dec 31 and Jan 17th you mean?

I really hope I get it quick. Let us see. I am tempted to raise a webform but toying with the idea
Yes, you're right 31 Dec and 17 Jan

Reactions: BA101

jeffjay

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
Anyone who also applied TRV (inland) after getting PGWP? Today I found "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" status. Does it also mean the application will be approved soon, similar to PGWP case? I applied on Feb. 2. Seems fast. But I am not sure how long it can still take before getting passport request.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Anyone who also applied TRV (inland) after getting PGWP? Today I found "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" status. Does it also mean the application will be approved soon, similar to PGWP case? I applied on Feb. 2. Seems fast. But I am not sure how long it can still take before getting passport request.
@sidhuripudaman applied on Feb 2nd and status reads the same
I applied on Feb 4th and status changed last morning

I am not sure if that means anything at all though as I am not hearing of approvals like how it does for PGWP .. from the time reviewing begins till Approval is a few hours mostly

Reactions: sidhuripudaman

sidhuripudaman

Star Member
Sep 4, 2019
Hey, I applied on 2nd Feb as well, I got under review message on Tuesday it's been under review ever since.