+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
@BA101 , did you apply for TRV without waiting for your physical work permit? What did you submit in lieu of the WP?

Are we supposed to receive a new document after WP-EXT for PGWP when we're approved?
I applied online using the PGWP Copy that arrived in the mail. I am told you can do it without it as well. Knowing IRCC, I did not want to chance it.

cef09

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Category........
CEC
I applied online using the PGWP Copy that arrived in the mail. I am told you can do it without it as well. Knowing IRCC, I did not want to chance it.
Gotcha, You're right. I should wait for the actual work permit document to arrive before applying. I might as well wait a week or two instead of taking a risk.

That said, have you received any other electronic document after WP-EXT for PGWP or is that the last message on your approved work permit application?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Gotcha, You're right. I should wait for the actual work permit document to arrive before applying. I might as well wait a week or two instead of taking a risk.

That said, have you received any other electronic document after WP-EXT for PGWP or is that the last message on your approved work permit application?
That is the last update on my application. Nothing after.

Reactions: cef09

cef09

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Category........
CEC
Awesome, that confirms that the 3-year thang isn't a bug/glitch, I guess.

Thanks, man, I appreciate it!

One last thing: @BA101 how long did it take for the WP document to arrive?

Last edited:

cef09

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Category........
CEC
Wow. How may years did you study? Are they for giving more than 1 yr permits?
I took a one year program last year. I was totally expecting a one year work permit but I am definitely delighted that it was three years instead!

If you read a couple of pages back, there are also people posting about them getting a 3 year PGWP on a one year program.

Hey, I aint complaining, that’s for sure. :p

Reactions: Miracle2018

bac0n14

Star Member
Feb 3, 2022
I took a one year program last year. I was totally expecting a one year work permit but I am definitely delighted that it was three years instead!

If you read a couple of pages back, there are also people posting about them getting a 3 year PGWP on a one year program.

Hey, I aint complaining, that’s for sure. :p
Great!

Is it the full year, not the 8months continuous study?