+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

ns9

Jun 26, 2017
Apologies if it’s out of context.. but do we need to give a medical exam if we apply for TRV from outside Canada?

Dilpreet435

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Apologies if it’s out of context.. but do we need to give a medical exam if we apply for TRV from outside Canada?
Medical is not required for trv , only if u apply for permit i guess, given its been 6 months or more since u been outside

norton85

Jun 9, 2020
Not trying to hijack the thread but since a lot of you applied for TRV Just curious

I applied for TRV against my approved PGWP on Feb 4th online
Feb 4th - received the confirmation of submission
Feb 5th - got a mail saying we have updated the status of your application
When I open, there is nothing. What could this be? Just a random Ghost Update?

please let me know if this is closer to decision
This might be updating your Biometrics ...that is why it is a kind of ghost update but the biometrics data is updated within 24 hours... am not sure what else it can be

Reactions: BA101

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
This might be updating your Biometrics ...that is why it is a kind of ghost update but the biometrics data is updated within 24 hours... am not sure what else it can be
Ok I thought of this. But once the application was complete, I could see the bio

Vicky231

Jan 16, 2018
Hi,
I have seen a few people comment here about their files being transfered to the Edmonton processing centre. Have you gotten a response yet? I applied in July 2021, got notified that my file has been transfered to Edmonton yesterday ( feb 02,2022). I am worried and confused
If you get update, please also let me know. Applied in May 2021, transfered to Edmonton Aug 2021, nothing till now. Many inquiry through web form but still same answer that it is still processing, haha

cef09

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Category........
CEC
No update on my end. Applied Oct 1st. Eligibility started on Feb 4.

I guess they'll process it when they process it

cef09

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Category........
CEC
I've no clue. They sure are taking their sweet time. I don't mind though, taking advantage of maintained status as I'm only expecting a year of PGWP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miracle2018

cef09

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Category........
CEC
@BA101 , did you apply for TRV without waiting for your physical work permit? What did you submit in lieu of the WP?

Are we supposed to receive a new document after WP-EXT for PGWP when we're approved?