+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

jeffjay

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
Applied: Sept 29th
Status just changed to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements"
Same here. I checked today around 6 pm and showed submitted. Now after seeing your post, I check again and see it changes to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." Applied Sep. 29th as well.

Elourrat

Jan 24, 2022
Same here. I checked today around 6 pm and showed submitted. Now after seeing your post, I check again and see it changes to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." Applied Sep. 29th as well.
Good luck Buddy
inland application??
I applied on October 04th (extension work permit)

Bilalm001

Jun 23, 2019
No updates so far, Submitted 25 Sept. Reviewing eligibility since 28th but no update since then. Did anyone else on the 25th or later get any updates?

how long does eligibility last?

Bilalm001

Jun 23, 2019
It is a bit unusual and I don’t quite understand what’s going on. I noticed that eligibility review lasted for a max of one to two days in the last couple of weeks. I dont know now? A letter of approval followed by physical letter within a week?

Dilpreet435

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
U may receive it today , its only been one day technically as ur review started on friday and then it was weekend. It common , nothing unusual tbh

Vicky231

Jan 16, 2018
Hello,
I am in Quebec and I graduated from university with master degree at the same time with my friends in the same major and we applied for PGWP but my friends got their work permit after maximum 2 months and for me its been 7 months that there is even single news about my work permit.
Idk what should I do since I need my work permit because I cant get my health insurance and…
I applied on end of 8th of February 2021 and still waiting.
I sent webform twice and got the same answer that due to covid we cant do anything.Tried to speak to an agent but it keep saying due to high volume we cant connect you.
The only thing that they are saying is that all the information is complete and we do not need any other information from you and we haven’t started your application!!!!!!
Please help me what should I do?:((((
Hi, did you get your work permit? I am in the same situation but I applied in May, and nothing so far. thanks

arunes

May 8, 2018
I finished my Master's on Aug 31, 21, and applied for PGWP on Oct 29, 2021 (Inside Canada). Nonetheless, I received permission to work for any number of hours until Feb 26, 2022, or until a decision is made in my application, whichever is first. As of now, my application is still under process. In case a decision is not made before Feb 26, what are my options? I have a Canadian Visitor Visa valid until 2028 and a US tourist visa. Can I stay in Canada? Or Should I go back to my country?

Also for the application, I've used my latest passport (all pages), degree completion letter, unofficial transcript from Uni's website, IMM5710E form, Pic, and latest resume in the client information. One of my colleagues said that I am supposed to use the official transcript for the PGWP application. Is it true?

Please guide me. Thanking you and have a great day ahead. Good luck with your applications :)

Vicky231

Jan 16, 2018
I finished my Master's on Aug 31, 21, and applied for PGWP on Oct 29, 2021 (Inside Canada). Nonetheless, I received permission to work for any number of hours until Feb 26, 2022, or until a decision is made in my application, whichever is first. As of now, my application is still under process. In case a decision is not made before Feb 26, what are my options? I have a Canadian Visitor Visa valid until 2028 and a US tourist visa. Can I stay in Canada? Or Should I go back to my country?

Also for the application, I've used my latest passport (all pages), degree completion letter, unofficial transcript from Uni's website, IMM5710E form, Pic, and latest resume in the client information. One of my colleagues said that I am supposed to use the official transcript for the PGWP application. Is it true?

Please guide me. Thanking you and have a great day ahead. Good luck with your applications :)
Hi there, which office handles your case? I am at same situation and still waiting to hear back from Edmonton office. Applied in May, transfer to Edmonton in Aug

Reactions: arunes