+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Finally guys!

PGWP application, inland, ON

Applied: September 13, 2021
Approved: January 26, 2022
Eligibility review: unknown
Valid for 3 years (2-year program)
No emails so far

Just wanted to say thank you to all the participants of this forum who've been sharing their experiences and timelines. You guys have helped me a lot to stay sane throughout this stressful process.

For those of you whose applications are imperfect like mine was, I'd say stay hopeful and always, ALWAYS, attach a LOE!!
I took a leave from studies and kind of dropped out for 1 semester while being outside of Canada before continuing with my last semester. In a LOE I explained why I made that decision. Was very anxious that a visa officer reviewing my file would not consider my reason for taking a leave as something important and would issue a rejection right away. But everything worked out well and I wish a happy ending to each and every one of you guys!
Congratulations!!

Reactions: Katkootka

jeffjay

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
go to check application status and select. you can see what date range of applications are being processed right now
Actually that data is based on past 8 weeks. It does not reflect what IRCC officers did in the last week and are doing now since the data is most influenced by older data.

dihav

Jan 25, 2022
Hi everyone,
PGWP
Applied on Sep 20, 2021 from Alberta
Final decision - January 27, 2022: Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

Thanks everyone for posting updates here. That really helped with my mental health :) That's why i created an account to post this.

aneeth1432

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Hi everyone,
PGWP
Final decision - January 27, 2022: Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

Thanks everyone for posting updates here. That really helped with my mental health :) That's why i created an account to post this.
Hi
Have you received any approval letter?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi everyone,
PGWP

Congratulations !

Fafrukh

Feb 19, 2020
Hi,
Is it a good sign or a bad sign that my eligibility review started just 2 days after submitting my pgwp application?
I am applying from outside Canada and the processing time seems to be high so confused.

Erfan2108

Oct 17, 2021
Hi,
Is it a good sign or a bad sign that my eligibility review started just 2 days after submitting my pgwp application?
I am applying from outside Canada and the processing time seems to be high so confused.
which visa office are you applying from?

Username9331

Sep 21, 2021
Finally received PPR for my application.
Date submitted: 29th January 2021
Eligibility review started: 7th September 2021

QQ, what should I select for "did you enrol biometrics for this application?" question in the vfs webform for passport submission? I enrolled for biometrics in 2019 for my study permit.

Reactions: Hello12_3