+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

catricka

Jan 3, 2022
Hello! I applied for PGWP on Sep 8th inside Canada, Online. When I applied it said I can work until Jan 6th or until a decision is made, whichever comes first.
Did anyone else get a letter authorizing the work while processing the PGWP that had a limit date on it? Not sure if I will have to stop working or probably fill a Webform. Every regulation/legislation I could find did not mention a limit date. Any ideas?

Hi,

May I ask if you have received your work permit and the province you applied in? I also applied on Sep 8 in Toronto, Ontario and still waiting. I was also given the Jan 6 date in the letter. I'm not sure if I have to stop working on Jan 6 if I don't receive the work permit.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Applied pgwp on Sep 7 and still my file hasn’t even been reviewed yet… I’m really hoping to get it in the next week or so. Anyone on the same boat with me?
Applied Sep 8th and waiting. My class mate who applied on the same day got it on dec 31 11AM

I know SO many people between Sep 9-10 who got it around Dec 15. I have no goddamn clue what is happening

Reactions: jlusi

Esporte321

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Here is the link to provide to your employer.
It states that we can continue working even after the expiry date of the WP-EXT for PGWP.
The text is almost the same you shared here, but it aims the PGWP itself. The information is at the end of the page.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/permit.html
Thank you for sharing this.

catricka

Jan 3, 2022

Thanks, John! So it mentions "In cases where the 120 days have passed and no decision has been rendered, the applicant may request continued proof of authorization to work using the IRCC web form. "

I think it means we have to wait to hear back from IRCC for receiving another 120 days of working until a decision is made. So still not sure what should we do in the duration of submitting a webform and receiving a response.

Reactions: cooky.sonu

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
Thanks, John! So it mentions "In cases where the 120 days have passed and no decision has been rendered, the applicant may request continued proof of authorization to work using the IRCC web form. "

I think it means we have to wait to hear back from IRCC for receiving another 120 days of working until a decision is made. So still not sure what should we do in the duration of submitting a webform and receiving a response.
I think what it means is that we as applicant should request another letter. I dont think they’ll send another letter automatically.