+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Thanks, John! So it mentions "In cases where the 120 days have passed and no decision has been rendered, the applicant may request continued proof of authorization to work using the IRCC web form. "

I think it means we have to wait to hear back from IRCC for receiving another 120 days of working until a decision is made. So still not sure what should we do in the duration of submitting a webform and receiving a response.
Yes, you can ask for such a letter once 120 days pass, but you can nevertheless continue working even if processing time passes the date mentioned on your WP EXT letter.

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Reactions: Tamseel

catricka

Jan 3, 2022
Yes, you can ask for such a letter once 120 days pass, but you can nevertheless continue working even if processing time passes the date mentioned on your WP EXT letter.

This link is for "WP-EXT except for PGWP ". For PGWP, the applicant first needs to request continued proof of authorization to work using the IRCC web form which I'm not sure if the applicant can continue working before receiving a response to the web form.

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
This link is for "WP-EXT except for PGWP ". For PGWP, the applicant first needs to request continued proof of authorization to work using the IRCC web form which I'm not sure if the applicant can continue working before receiving a response to the web form.
You don't need to ask for such a proof from the IRCC to continue working, they just started giving such letters (since last year) because some employers usually fuss when you don't give them an actual permit. But yes, you do have the option to request such authorization to work letter from IRCC; it's up to you.

Ntechno

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
You don't need to ask for such a proof from the IRCC to continue working, they just started giving such letters (since last year) because some employers usually fuss when you don't give them an actual permit. But yes, you do have the option to request such authorization to work letter from IRCC; it's up to you.
I second that! My employer never asked for such a document, as soon as I mentioned that I have applied for PGWP, they asked for the documents used for the application and knew what is implied/maintained status.
News: Government allotted approximately 35 million CAD for clearing the 1.5+ million IRCC applications that are back logged. This fund was to be released by new year. It would be interesting to see if the rate of processing actually increases.

Reactions: raynadukkandy

susa333

Star Member
Jun 18, 2020
Processing time just went up again. 113 days now.
I don't trust the processing days anymore, as I have waited for 119 days, still no update.
And our forum is very quiet these days.
I know about 15 people who applied around 8th-Sep, are all waiting for update.

Reactions: BA101

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
I don't trust the processing days anymore, as I have waited for 119 days, still no update.
And our forum is very quiet these days.
I know about 15 people who applied around 8th-Sep, are all waiting for update.
Yes I am from Sep 8th as well.

USA_student_to_Canada

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
In normal circumstances you should be able to work on implied status as long as your application has been submitted. Not sure if this is different with COVID-19
The application has been submitted and I got the submission confirmation as well. But I still haven't gotten by work authorization letter yet, I've been told it's auto generated by the system. So it's got me worried that I haven't received it yet. How do I go about inquiring issues like that? All my colleagues who applied for pgwp got their authorizations withint 3 days. For me it's been two weeks since I've applied and no updates. It's really odd.