+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

JaleelGuimba

Nov 24, 2017
I think I might have lost my study permit recently I am in Canada. I do have a scanned copy of it and all though and I plan to apply for a PGWP in a few months. I heard when getting a new on, I need documents, which I have a passport but do I need a drivers license?

susa333

Star Member
Jun 18, 2020
You are welcome, IRCC has sometimes been all over the place. I applied May 18th, and was approved Aug 9th.

When I was still waiting, around July 26, IRCC was approving May30th apps, so I would say to not be worried about anything unless you've been waiting from a long long 6 months wait.
Do all the work permit processed at the same speed?

For example PGWP and PGWP-extension.

Thanks.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi, I see that you are a Champion Member answering queries on this thread. Could you please help me with the Document List for Inland SOWP?

Also a quick question :- What option do I have if my application for SOWP (spouse of a skilled worker) from within Canada gets rejected (due to some unforeseen reason) after my current status (SOWP) expires?
Hi,

Follow the checklist that shows online.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/help-your-spouse-common-law-partner-work-canada.html

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi, I see that you are a Champion Member answering queries on this thread. Could you please help me with the Document List for Inland SOWP?

Also a quick question :- What option do I have if my application for SOWP (spouse of a skilled worker) from within Canada gets rejected (due to some unforeseen reason) after my current status (SOWP) expires?
With regards to second question, if your SOWP is refused, your spouse should try to sponsor you after he/she's eligible for PR and include you in the app.

Reactions: Miracle2018

ProspectiveCanadain

Nov 1, 2021
Do all the work permit processed at the same speed?

For example PGWP and PGWP-extension.

Thanks.
I recommend you submit a web form. Take screenshot of current estimated processing time. Take screenshot of when you submitted application. Remind them that you have been waiting for a long time and to kindly look at your application.

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
Hey friends,
I think God that I can finally write this: I just checked this evening and I got approved. Truth is that being on this forum all this while, my outlook went from hope to jealousy to anxiety. That is part of the reason I have not been as active/engaged as I was when I first joined. I understand that it is not easy and to those who are waiting, especially those who have been waiting longer than me, I truly wish you good luck.

Enough of my sermon, summary:
App date: Aug 31, 2021
Residence: Inland, QC
Eligibility Review + Approval: Dec 15, 2021 (107 days)
3 Year PGWP
Did you submit any webforms in the past?