+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Dec 2, 2021
I am currently doing a bachelor of engineering (5 years) in Canada.

I failed my first semester and was put on probation to be part time. I took my second and third time (2019-2020) as part time and then I was re-admitted back to full time.

since then my GPA is above 3.0 and I have never taken a part time semester. I also took in the summer 2 more courses to compensate my missing courses.

the International student office told me that I might not be eligible for the post-graduate work Permit as I was part-time for two semester even though I was put on probation limit through the university.

I also took a non-credit French course with my first part time semester and couldn't take with the other because of covid-19.

In my situation what should I do and I might get refusal on my PGWP noting that I will be graduating in winter 2023

ProspectiveCanadain

Nov 1, 2021

I failed my first semester and was put on probation to be part time. I took my second and third time (2019-2020) as part time and then I was re-admitted back to full time.

since then my GPA is above 3.0 and I have never taken a part time semester. I also took in the summer 2 more courses to compensate my missing courses.

the International student office told me that I might not be eligible for the post-graduate work Permit as I was part-time for two semester even though I was put on probation limit through the university.

I also took a non-credit French course with my first part time semester and couldn't take with the other because of covid-19.

In my situation what should I do and I might get refusal on my PGWP noting that I will be graduating in winter 2023
Hey friend, you should just put everything in your letter of explanation and hope for the best. If there is a situation that caused you to have failing grades (like a death in the family for example), try to attach receipts and evidence for them (eg a death certificate). If there wasn't, its ok.

In your letter of explanation, make sure to highlight that the reason you couldn't take more credits to reach full time was because you couldn't due to academic probation. And that you have since then improved your grades dramatically. If possible, you could request a letter from an academic advisor that can corroborate what you said including how you worked hard to improve your grades.

My parent died and I didnt take part time courses but took full time and failed. I wish i didn't. I wish I took a break. But my other parent was afraid i wont get PGWP. Since then I have met people who even took breaks from school and got it. As long as you explain very well and provide relevant documentation for the situations you mention, the officer would probably grant your visa.

Reactions: jlusi

prob12345

Dec 2, 2021

too be honest, it is not a big deal. explain it as above, there is a great chance for you to get a pgwp. in 2023 I wish covid would reach an end. by then if you are a confident person, go to the borader and directly talk with those officers. if you are really shy, apply it online. I do not really see there is problem. Canada needs immigrants anyways.

Reactions: NikitaLisbon

Esporte321

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
I just found mine was approved.
applied Aug 27,
start review eligibility Dec 2,
approved Dec 2,
no contacts just waiting
Quebec.
the first time I found this discussion, it was ~700 pages. now it is 982.
thanks everyone.
Félicitations!

You didnt receive any e-mail update when your eligibility review started?