+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

guardian007

Star Member
Dec 2, 2021
Also get in touch with the school to verify that the internship is part of the the curriculum. Ask them for a letter or something
HI ,

Its mandatory work to fulfill my degree. I have valid co-op permit which ends in December 2021. I am worried that since my letter of completion was issued on the 22nd october and I continued working as intern till November 2021. Will that be counted as unauthorized work ??

guardian007

Star Member
Dec 2, 2021
HI ,

Its mandatory work to fulfill my degree. I have valid co-op permit which ends in December 2021. I am worried that since my letter of completion was issued on the 22nd october and I continued working as intern till November 2021. Will that be counted as unauthorized work ??
Hi, I was student in one year course
started - 28 October 2020
end- 8 October 2021
letter of completion- 22october
internship start - 19th july 2021 ( part of course)
internship end -18 November 2021
pgwp applied- 2 november

since my official program ended on 8th October, I continued working in internship thinking i can work. But now i realize that would be counted as unauthorized work. I fear my pgwp would be rejected.

I have valid co-op permit till December 2021. But got completion letter on 22nd October. This internship was mandtory in my course, its i did worked beyond my completion letter

What should I do??? I have not even provided letter of explanation. Can I submit through Webform??
I have full time job offer from 4 January 2021.

prob12345

Dec 2, 2021
Félicitations!

You didnt receive any e-mail update when your eligibility review started?
thanks! not at all. I happend to check it this morning with noting changed and did it in the afternoon. found start reviewing. checked again at 5 when they probably finished working today and found approved.

Reactions: jlusi

jlusi

Oct 13, 2021
HI ,

Request a letter from the school registrar or program director or co-op coordinator that verifies that the internship is part of the degree. Tell the school that you require it to apply for your work permit application because your completion letter was issued before your internship was over. The school made an error, which could be damaging, so you need their help to clarify that the internship is required. IRCC will trust an authority figure more, do take on the burden of hoping they will believe you if you can just have the school verify. Attach the letter to a webform, also submit your own explanation letter through webform asap and mention that you have requested for a letter from the school to verify your story.

yafaa1993

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021
I have applied on 17/Aug (outland) and nothing yet. Anyone applied from outside? And wince I haven’t heard back, what options do I have that could help speeding up the process