+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

scilla

May 6, 2021
I agree, personally I would rather not risk it. Unless IRCC explicitly says it's okay, I will stop working when my date reaches if I have no decision yet.

I think making decisions based on immigration norms & reality instead of ignoring it because it was overlooked for someone else on this forum, is a safer bet. As in, someone from Europe doesn't get the same consideration as someone from Africa, it's just the way it is. So we ought to make decisions knowing that there is no guarantee that you will be treated the same as someone else with a similar profile.

Knowing that others mistakes were overlooked is good, to keep you hopeful and figure out a way forward, but don't deliberately ignore what is written by IRCC.
So your work will let you leave and come back? How is that possible?

Reactions: ns9

vrush12345

Sep 12, 2021
Hello team
I have a concern, if you could please amshsre your opinions...
My 1 year studies completes in December 2021, and I need to travel to India in January for 3 weeks.
Whats the best way that would allow me to return considering that I have my student visa/permit valid till Mar 2022, but finished studies... and just applied for PGWP
Thanks

tarek123

Nov 7, 2021
Eligibility review started tonight!!
Applied: August 9 (inland)
No email notification I just checked my account
Wish me luck guys

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Hello team
I have a concern, if you could please amshsre your opinions...
My 1 year studies completes in December 2021, and I need to travel to India in January for 3 weeks.
Whats the best way that would allow me to return considering that I have my student visa/permit valid till Mar 2022, but finished studies... and just applied for PGWP
Thanks
You can't apply for PGWP until you officially graduate and receive your transcript and graduation letter from the school.
Do you have a valid TRV?

irinaaas11

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Hlo Guys, i Applied my PGWP application on 13 july (inland) no update so far. now what should i have to do. Plz suggest me
Thank you
Try to contact your local MP office, from what I've heard, they have the ability to look into immigration cases, and have a direct line to IRCC.

jlusi

Oct 13, 2021
So your work will let you leave and come back? How is that possible?
I've accumulated some vacation days so far, but even if I didn't, I would just give them notice that I still have not received a decision from IRCC (like 2 weeks in advance) and if that hasn't changed by the time the date reaches, I will need to take time off or stop working for while until I receive a decision. Ultimately, IRCC trumps employer sentiment, so whether they are okay with it or not is irrelevant. Just like me, they are powerless over IRCC delays or choices.

scilla

May 6, 2021
I've accumulated some vacation days so far, but even if I didn't, I would just give them notice that I still have not received a decision from IRCC (like 2 weeks in advance) and if that hasn't changed by the time the date reaches, I will need to take time off or stop working for while until I receive a decision. Ultimately, IRCC trumps employer sentiment, so whether they are okay with it or not is irrelevant. Just like me, they are powerless over IRCC delays or choices.
You've accumulated vacation days already lol within few months. Damn, you must have a nice job

Jojimiller

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
You've accumulated vacation days already lol within few months. Damn, you must have a nice job
If they have been working full time since, say July 1st, they would get at least 1 week paid vacation by the end of the year according to federal law. The things is I doubt employer would let their staff keep their jobs without knowing when will they actually get the permit. Lol

Reactions: jlusi

vrush12345

Sep 12, 2021
You can't apply for PGWP until you officially graduate and receive your transcript and graduation letter from the school.
Do you have a valid TRV?
Thanks for reply...
I mean to say that jùst after applying PGWP (às soon as I get graduation letter and transcript ), Can I travel and come back in Jan 2022. Studeny visa valod till Mar 2022.
Thnks