+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
I am one month away from the month of July! Hope this go very well because I have lots of things to do after receiving the permit.

Chris1998

Sep 24, 2021
My timeline
Applied pgwp on July 09
BSc. Nursing with the University of Alberta
I was part-time for one semester and then completely off for another semester. I was really worried about this but with a personal letter of explanation, letter of explanation/support from my school and plenty of God’s grace I finally got approved on October 19th.
For those waiting, keep trusting in Jesus…. You’ll get approved soon

sonitodarl

Oct 19, 2021
Posting my timeline for other people waiting;
Applied PGWP July 17th, 2021 Inland,
I had one part time semester and a couple of other semesters I took off but I attached a letter of explanation detailing why,
I got approved October 18th for 3 years,
I got the approval email today but checked and saw that it was actually approved yesterday.
I was quite worried about my gaps but it came out okay. Keep hope alive guys, God'll see you through.

Last edited:

WFahmy

Oct 14, 2021
Did you take 2 years diploma or 2 certificates combined to get to 2 years of studies? And how long the validity of your PGWP?
I did two degrees in Canada and so I was eligible for a 3 year work permit. My passport was expiring partway through though so that's why I was given a shorter work permit and was eligible to extend it once I renewed my passport.

piegoogle

Star Member
Oct 9, 2021
I had one part time semester and a couple of other semesters I took off but I attached a letter of explanation detailing why,
I got the approval email today but checked and saw that it was actually approved yesterday.
I was quite worried about my gaps but it came out okay. Keep hope alive guys, God'll see you through.
Hey!
Congratulations!
Was it an authorized leave from the school?

airforce1907

Dec 23, 2018
thanks for giving us hope

Oct 10, 2021
Update: My application profile was updated, and the eligibility review started! Hope to receive good news soon
Final Update:
Application sent: July 16th, inland AB.
Eligibility Review: October 19th.
Approval: October 20th. (Just regularly checked my account)
30589XXXX
A 3-year work permit as I studied for two years.
Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: dannyjx