+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

bbasiit

Aug 25, 2015
Hi, I submitted my application for PGWP visa stamping on Feb 16 and on July 28 I got request to submit passport. I submitted my passport and got visa printed but the issue is, the category is printed as Visitor instead of worker. I wonder why? And how do it make corrections. I’m trying to call IRCC but the line busy. Any recommendations?
From another person in similar situation:

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding Temporary Resident Visa.

I am currently working in Canada and I have a valid work permit. I applied for my TRV in March 2021 and got it approved recently. But I have been given a visitor status instead of a worker status. I got in touch with the IRCC, and they say it'll not be a problem for me to travel abroad and re enter Canada as long as I have a valid work permit. They claim this happens sometimes and is not a problem.

esnmrdi

Aug 19, 2021
Aplied from outside Canada: May 19, 2021
Application confirmation: May 19, 2021
Eligibility review start: No updates yet
Application approval: still waiting
Applied for spouse work permit: Yes (applied together)

Last edited:
Reactions: captainarabiia

Angenana

Aug 11, 2021
my passport is expired already sti
Hey Angenana, I would like to point out that no. of days to accept your invite to express entry is 60. It was 90 before but now they have changed it to 60 since June.
yes I have days resisting there as days goes by, If I don’t hear from TR to PR will go and apply there

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Aplied from outside Canada: May 19, 2021
Application confirmation: May 19, 2021
Eligibility review start: No updates yet
Application approval: still waiting
Applied for spouse work permit: Yes (applied together)

Which country? Seems like from outside Canada your local embassy will be processing the apps.