+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Norma27

Aug 16, 2021
I doubt that is accurate either, nothing is accurate really. There is people that have applied in June and gotten their permit by now.
agree ! my friend's friends (4 of them) who had applied around early May already received their PGWP in June itself so the data may not be reliable at all.

zuxik649

Aug 18, 2021
Applied for PGWP on May 7, no reply till today. The paper from IRCC (about implied status) is valid till Sept 4 only. Could it happen they won't decide till it expires ? What to do then ? It's just 2 more weeks so I am little stressed
Thanks

mmmujeeb02

Aug 18, 2021
Hi, I submitted my application for PGWP visa stamping on Feb 16 and on July 28 I got request to submit passport. I submitted my passport and got visa printed but the issue is, the category is printed as Visitor instead of worker. I wonder why? And how do it make corrections. I’m trying to call IRCC but the line busy. Any recommendations?

bbasiit

Aug 25, 2015
Hi, I submitted my application for PGWP visa stamping on Feb 16 and on July 28 I got request to submit passport. I submitted my passport and got visa printed but the issue is, the category is printed as Visitor instead of worker. I wonder why? And how do it make corrections. I’m trying to call IRCC but the line busy. Any recommendations?
PGWP is not a visa, it is a temporary resident permit document, which shows your status in canada.

I am sure you applied outside of Canada, hence they issued you a TRV (which ia basically a visitor visa) stamped on passport. This is your travel document. Once you travel to Canada based on this, you will receive Work permit at the Canadian Airport you land to.

Just like the very first time you apply for study permit, they issue yoy TRV stamped on passport, that too says ita category is visit. upon landing in , you are issued study permit document at the airport.

May I ask what country were you in when you applied for PGWP? I am in a similar situation applying pgwp from outside right now. Thanks

andymro28

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
Because the visa is what allows you to travel and re enter the country. Most likely an officer will print your permit at the airport when you arrive.