+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

rip_city

Apr 15, 2018
Serial Number Wxxx6294xx, all time in EST.

Application time: Midnight of May 19, 2021.
Confirmation of Submission: May 20, 2021
Start of eligibility: Around the noon of August 9, 2021
APPROVAL: Around the noon of August 10, 2021.

Complexity: Transfer from Ph. D to Master

Jun 5, 2021
Hello everyone! I am graduating soon and I was just looking at the PGWP application guide. On IRCC's website, it says that occupation data is not required while filling the forms but it seems to be mandatory. My University told me to just put in my University's name and say that you were a full-time student. Has anyone else done the same way? Also, I worked for a couple of days while transferring to my University. I finished my courses at one University on the 21st of December 2019 and then transferred to another University and courses started on the 6th of January 2020. I worked on a couple of days after the 21st of December. What can I do?

andymro28

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
Hello everyone! I am graduating soon and I was just looking at the PGWP application guide. On IRCC's website, it says that occupation data is not required while filling the forms but it seems to be mandatory. My University told me to just put in my University's name and say that you were a full-time student. Has anyone else done the same way? Also, I worked for a couple of days while transferring to my University. I finished my courses at one University on the 21st of December 2019 and then transferred to another University and courses started on the 6th of January 2020. I worked on a couple of days after the 21st of December. What can I do?
Yes. That’s how my immigration consultant told me to do it.
Your main occupation in Canada was full time student and the employer was the school you attended to.