+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

amlinumaaldao

Dec 10, 2014
Hi fellas , is it possible to start online study from India and directly apply PGWP when the program completes or it’s mandatory to have study permit in hand before starting online studies outside Canada ?

Exotic

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020

Harry.chauhan31

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
That's a long time, people who applied in March have been starting to get approved.
What's your profile, any part time semesters?
Even I haven’t got my result. On the website they updated last week that they are finalizing applications received between jan 10 and 16, and i applied on jan 16th so i should have got any result last week but still no update. Whenever i call them, they always say its still in process. I sent 2 webforms and got the same answer.

Harry.chauhan31

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
I have a question that for checking on which files they are working on this week, do PGWP comes on the study permit option because when i checked it, it says that for study permit, study permit extension and WORK PERMIT for students, they are finalizing applications received between december 27 and jan 2.

But when i check the option “work permit” and then the initial option. It says they are working on application between jan 10 and jan 16.

So i think i have to go with the study permit option right? As there is a next update today afternoon which means they will hopefully work on the applications recieved between jan 10 and jan 16. i dont know if i am correct or wrong. Does anyone have an idea about it?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

Stu_new_2021

Apr 7, 2021
Will your completion letter mention "1 year program" ?
Hi Yes, It will be 1 Year program.
I will get it for 1 year but my doubt is, from which start date will they start counting 1 year :
1. LIke date when PGWP is approved or the date when I applied for PGWP?
2. Also how many days/month does it take for PGWP approvals?

Thank you !

Stu_new_2021

Apr 7, 2021
Hi fellas , is it possible to start online study from India and directly apply PGWP when the program completes or it’s mandatory to have study permit in hand before starting online studies outside Canada ?
Hi You have 2 different questions here .
To answer 1. Yes you can start an online study from India . But for applying for PGWP, you need study permit which you can only receive on Canada Border entry. So you need to travel to Canada to get the study permit.
2. You do not need a study permit in hand before starting the studies, you can start on AIP or study permit approval.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I have a question that for checking on which files they are working on this week, do PGWP comes on the study permit option because when i checked it, it says that for study permit, study permit extension and WORK PERMIT for students, they are finalizing applications received between december 27 and jan 2.

But when i check the option “work permit” and then the initial option. It says they are working on application between jan 10 and jan 16.

So i think i have to go with the study permit option right? As there is a next update today afternoon which means they will hopefully work on the applications recieved between jan 10 and jan 16. i dont know if i am correct or wrong. Does anyone have an idea about it?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

PGWP comes on work permit inside Canada ( Initial ).
And those are just average processing times, some cases can take longer.

Did you apply for GCMS notes?

meti_mou

Apr 7, 2021
Hi, So my PGWP approved today.
I applied within Canada on March 18th.
Eligibility started on April 14th.
Approved same day.
My case: MSc, 2 years and 10 months duration (continues).
Good Luck Everyone.