+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Leofreedom

Jul 16, 2019
Hi everyone,
Anyone else living in Toronto facing postal delays? My work permit was dispatched on the 9th of December but I am yet to receive it in mail.
Not sure if I can do anything except to wait
Friend face similar postal delay, his permit dispatched almost 3 weeks ago. He received it today.

rajpal02

Sep 25, 2020
Hi everyone,
Anyone else living in Toronto facing postal delays? My work permit was dispatched on the 9th of December but I am yet to receive it in mail.
I am in Vancouver. My work permit was also dispatched on 9 December but haven't received it in the mail yet. Still waiting...

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I received a letter today denial of application. See details below:

"This letter refers to your application for a Post Grad Work Permit.

Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.

[X] As you are no longer in Canada you are not a person described in Immigration Legislation who can apply to change conditions or to extend your stay from within Canada."

1. What should we do next?
  2. Should we have to reapply? if re-applied from india, how long it takes?
Can you please advise? I am really worried

Thank you,
~ Nancy
What did you apply for? It sems like you applied for the wrong thing based on that response. Why does it say yo are not in Canada and you say you applied in Canada? Yo must have put something different in your application form.

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Hi everyone,
I am in Vancouver. My work permit was also dispatched on 9 December but haven't received it in the mail yet. Still waiting...
Friend face similar postal delay, his permit dispatched almost 3 weeks ago. He received it today.
Same for me, I got PGWP approval on 17 December but have not received it (it's almost 2 weeks now). I'm in Toronto too

alexxey

Dec 3, 2020
So, here is my timeline: Applied for PGWP on May 29th from Alberta, got approved on Dec 23 and received a hard copy by mail on Dec 29th. Have not received the biometric fee refund. Should I apply in order to get it?

Reactions: santzapaul

Odlopez9914

Jan 2, 2021
Hello everyone.
I applied on PGWP on November 17
Got approved on December 29.
So it took only 42 days
But I didn’t get my biometrics refund yet.
Good luck everyone

Reactions: fatfatsheep

fatfatsheep

Star Member
Dec 3, 2020
Hello everyone.
I applied on PGWP on November 17
Got approved on December 29.
So it took only 42 days
But I didn’t get my biometrics refund yet.
Good luck everyone
Congrats! Where did you apply from? And did you have any LOE or your case is somewhat straightforward? Thanks!

Odlopez9914

Jan 2, 2021
Congrats! Where did you apply from? And did you have any LOE or your case is somewhat straightforward? Thanks!
Thank you! I applied from Toronto.
I didn’t have any LOE.
But I have my last semester as a part time,
I think it is allowed.
I had 2 years diploma and I obtained 3 year long work permit

Reactions: fatfatsheep

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
Hi,
Have anyone applied for PGWP outside Canada (in India)? How long is the waiting period?

Thank you
Hey Nancy. Sorry to hear about your PGWP refusal. The processing time for work permit application from India is currently 34 weeks (almost 8 months). You can check the processing time using this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Before you reapply, you should consider applying for GCMS notes to learn the exact reason for your refusal from the case officer's notes. Search the forum or google for instructions on how to apply for it. Someone in Canada has to apply for it for you as you are in India.

But do keep in mind that you only have 180 days after you get your final marks to apply for a PGWP. All the best!

Gurmukh_1992

Dec 16, 2020
Hi there

I completed my Masters with thesis and I was not enrolled in courses for the term when I was doing my thesis and it is usual to do so in thesis courses. Some of my classmates did similar way and they got their pgwp.
But cic demands an explanation from me why I was not enrolled in courses during those terms when I was still a full time student but doing my thesis.
Please share if anyone have related experience. That will help me for sure.
Thanks in advance