+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Need Help!!!
My brother applied in Feb with biometric but no update still. He is inland and applied online from Calgary. Contact to IRCC and Local MP but nothing helped. Please give any advice what to do. It is worrying situation.

Get GCMS notes.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Have you gotten your AOR? And when? I am in the same situation, so frustrated.
Contact them, they can tell you if it's being processed, or just a glitch.

Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
  • Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
    If you have a touch-tone telephone you can listen to pre-recorded information about our programs, and check the status of your application.
  • Client Support Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays. Services are available in French and English.
    Agents can help you with general and case specific enquiries

Reactions: Twee

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I got PGWP approval on 17 Dec, I called IRCC and they said the hardcopy was mailed on that day. It's been a week now and I have not received it... How long does it take ? I am in Toronto
Can take some time, considering holidays and postal delays.

Rmoh0490

Jul 16, 2019
Hi everyone,
Anyone else living in Toronto facing postal delays? My work permit was dispatched on the 9th of December but I am yet to receive it in mail.
Not sure if I can do anything except to wait

NiPar2020

Nov 15, 2020
Hi Team,
I have applied for my work permit on Aug 31 (105 days) and not received any update yet. I came to india for a short vacation and I cam stuck here. I am really concerned as I have a offer to join on Jan 2021.:rolleyes:
Can you please tell me is there any ways to expedite it? Anyone have IRCC contact number I can call from India.
Any advise?

Thanks
~Nancy

I received a letter today denial of application. See details below:

"This letter refers to your application for a Post Grad Work Permit.

Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.

[X] As you are no longer in Canada you are not a person described in Immigration Legislation who can apply to change conditions or to extend your stay from within Canada."

1. What should we do next?
  2. Should we have to reapply? if re-applied from india, how long it takes?
Can you please advise? I am really worried

Thank you,
~ Nancy

Last edited:

fatfatsheep

Star Member
Dec 3, 2020
I received a letter today denial of application. See details below:

"This letter refers to your application for a Post Grad Work Permit.

Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.

[X] As you are no longer in Canada you are not a person described in Immigration Legislation who can apply to change conditions or to extend your stay from within Canada."

1. What should we do next?
  2. Should we have to reapply? if re-applied from india, how long it takes?
Can you please advise? I am really worried

Thank you,
~ Nancy
sorry to hear that! It is not clear in the letter what is the reason you got rejected.

topup9788

Dec 30, 2020
Got approved for my PGWP yesterday
Applied: August 28
Eligibility Review: Dec 29
Approved: Dec 29

Had 2 part time semesters, submitted an LOE, keep faith everyone, you never know how things may turn out!

Reactions: fatfatsheep