+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

daf450

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Anyone hasn’t received the Acknowledgement of Receipt yet? I applied online on Monday Dec 14th, and I still haven’t received the AoR yet
my friend did not receive either the Acknowledgement of Receipt, he applied on the 18th of december. can you tell me if you received it?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
my friend did not receive either the Acknowledgement of Receipt, he applied on the 18th of december. can you tell me if you received it?
Call the CSC - Client Support Center
Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
They should be able to verify if it's been processed and in line for review.

marita_me

Dec 24, 2020
Been following this forum for a while and want to provide an update. Hopefully this will be helpful to others.
PGWP Applied - 4th November 2020 Approved - 23rd December 2020
City - Vancouver,BC
I have had some unauthorized work and had a semester where I withdrew from all my classes midway due to personal issues. I only explained my withdrawal in the LOE. I did not find out till today about my approval when I got an email from cic. I wish you all the best of luck with all your permits and future work.
Just edited to add no biometrics/medicals

Last edited:

fatfatsheep

Star Member
Dec 3, 2020
Been following this forum for a while and want to provide an update. Hopefully this will be helpful to others.
PGWP Applied - 4th November 2020 Approved - 23rd December 2020
City - Vancouver,BC
I have had some unauthorized work and had a semester where I withdrew from all my classes midway due to personal issues. I only explained my withdrawal in the LOE. I did not find out till today about my approval when I got an email from cic. I wish you all the best of luck with all your permits and future work.
Just edited to add no biometrics/medicals
Congrats! That’s a big Christmas gift for you! :) How long is the gap you took for the semester where you withdrew courses?

Reactions: marita_me

naresh_bc

Dec 9, 2020
Hi everyone, when is the right time to extend PGWP of less than 3 years validity and when its expiry date matches that of passport expiry date? Can you do it as soon as you renew the passport? Or, do you have to wait until around the time of expiry date?

The official site is not quite clear about the timing of the extension! Links, along with replies, are really appreciated.

Thanks!

Riri15

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hi everyone, when is the right time to extend PGWP of less than 3 years validity and when its expiry date matches that of passport expiry date? Can you do it as soon as you renew the passport? Or, do you have to wait until around the time of expiry date?

The official site is not quite clear about the timing of the extension! Links, along with replies, are really appreciated.

Thanks!
You have to apply for the extension before your current PWGP expired to get an implied status like any permit but it's best to do so as soon as you get your passport renewed.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html