+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

NPreti8195

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Thanks. That was really helpful.

I have rec my Letter of Completion on 18th Aug,2020 and without any awareness I continued working for part time till 15th Sep (tentatively 3 weeks with <20 hrs/week). Will that be a problem for my PGWP application?
hmm that might not be great since you're not supposed to be working until you submit your application. I would submit a letter explaining that in particular just because that might be an issue but I think they're pretty forgiving with that? But I'm not sure

Reactions: vignesh93

Guri01

Star Member
Feb 16, 2020
I just got an email saying my file was transferred to etobicoke - does anybody know what that means/how long it will take?
Try to order gcms notes first then you will know the reason about transfer ...my file was also transferred in Etobicoke n later I got interview but not everyone get interview n it was refused later on Bt second time it was approved but dnt be sad bcz I know many people who get thier permit after transfer also bcz every case is different ..

NPreti8195

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Try to order gcms notes first then you will know the reason about transfer ...my file was also transferred in Etobicoke n later I got interview but not everyone get interview n it was refused later on Bt second time it was approved but dnt be sad bcz I know many people who get thier permit after transfer also bcz every case is different ..
I have ordered them I think! They take about a month to get here right? Or that's what I heard anyway. Do you mind sharing why you were refused the first time? I'm sure my file was transferred because I accidentally worked over 20hours and submitted an LOE for it.

Kareena117

Oct 22, 2020
Did you see any update in your application? I've applied on 26th Oct. Just waiting.

I worked for more than 20 hours as per the new rules till Aug 31st in a grocery store (essential services) but I did not provide any LOE for that. Quite concerned about it.
Not yet. Nd I don’t think you have to provide LOE as it was clearly mentioned before that u can work full time. Anyone else applied before 16 October got any update?

Reactions: vignesh93

Vikaspatel626

Dec 17, 2020
Hi! You might get it anytime soon. An agent from IRCC told me that sometimes it takes them too long to verify something from your documents. But if everything is legal and you followed the rules, you have nothing to worry about. Try to contact them again for a follow up, with mine, I did it every other week. :)
Hey guys i applied for my pgwp on sep 22 and for my wife i applied it on November 25 as her visa was getting over on 30th November i am still waiting for my work permit any one knows how does it works on in this type of cases thanks

vignesh93

Jan 2, 2019
Hi everyone,
Finally its my time.
Applied - 9 October
Eligibility- 15 October
Approved - 16 October (3 Years)
Guys I was having two part-time semesters also, by mistake I accidently worked in first part time semester. Included Letter of Explanation in my application. Guys, please always maintain your academic status as full time. All the very best to all. I hope everyone will get their permit soon.
Cheers
You got it within a week after applying??

qasim95

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Pakistan
App. Filed.......
26 October 2018
Med's Request
14th November 2018
Med's Done....
19th November 2018
Passport Req..
16 December 2018
Guys how long it will take to receive the copy of work permit in the mail. I got approved on 11 DEC 2020?

duongnganh

Dec 16, 2020
Anyone hasn’t received the Acknowledgement of Receipt yet? I applied online on Monday Dec 14th, and I still haven’t received the AoR yet