+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Pavan11

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Hi so my timeline is the following:
Applied: 6th October 2020 ( biometrics)
Approved: 16th December 2020
1 Year Masters( <=> 2 Years) = 3 Years Open Work Permit
This forum has been the best help
I hope you all get yours soon
Wish you good luck

Reactions: Kareena117

Kareena117

Oct 22, 2020
Hi so my timeline is the following:
Applied: 6th October 2020 ( biometrics)
Approved: 16th December 2020
1 Year Masters( <=> 2 Years) = 3 Years Open Work Permit
This forum has been the best help
I hope you all get yours soon
Wish you good luck
Congratulations. I applied on 16 October. I think from 20 December Christmas holidays will be there. Any idea how long Christmas break will be?

baryonix

May 21, 2019
I applied on 7 Oct from Edmonton
Status change to We are reviewing your eligibility today (16 Dec)
Before it was We will tell you when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Hope to get it in a few days.

Reactions: NPreti8195

raineewainee

Jun 11, 2020
Application Submitted: May 29, 2020
Got approved: December 16, 2020

I applied with two dependents under my application and we got approval all at the same time. That is more than 6 months of waiting and to be honest it gave me a lot of anxiety. I also followed up with IRCC loads of times, but to no avail. They kept on telling me to wait, and I did just that, eventually it turned out fine. For those of you still waiting, just be patient. If you know for yourself that you have completed your program on time, abided by the rules, and have legal documents, then you have nothing to worry about. Stay safe!

Reactions: Lily.I

alexxey

Dec 3, 2020
Application Submitted: May 29, 2020
Got approved: December 16, 2020

I applied with two dependents under my application and we got approval all at the same time. That is more than 6 months of waiting and to be honest it gave me a lot of anxiety. I also followed up with IRCC loads of times, but to no avail. They kept on telling me to wait, and I did just that, eventually it turned out fine. For those of you still waiting, just be patient. If you know for yourself that you have completed your program on time, abided by the rules, and have legal documents, then you have nothing to worry about. Stay safe!
Congrats! I applied on May 29th as well, with one dependant. Still waiting..

raineewainee

Jun 11, 2020
Congrats! I applied on May 29th as well, with one dependant. Still waiting..
Hi! You might get it anytime soon. An agent from IRCC told me that sometimes it takes them too long to verify something from your documents. But if everything is legal and you followed the rules, you have nothing to worry about. Try to contact them again for a follow up, with mine, I did it every other week. :)

duongnganh

Dec 16, 2020
I applied for PGWP online on Monday, Dec 14th. It has been 3 days now and I haven't received the Acknowledgement of Receipt :( I only have the application number, the payment receipt, and the confirmation of online application transmission. Does anyone experience the same issue?