+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

railoc

Dec 11, 2020
Hey, I really need help!

My husband and I got refused of PGWP extension. We only had it for a year. They say that he needs a LMIA which can take a while. We can not afford to stop working!

We are in the process for applying for PR our english test date is in March!

What options do we have?

NiPar2020

Nov 15, 2020
Hi Team,
I have applied for my work permit on Aug 31 (105 days) and not received any update yet. I came to india for a short vacation and I cam stuck here. I am really concerned as I have a offer to join on Jan 2021.:rolleyes:
Can you please tell me is there any ways to expedite it? Anyone have IRCC contact number I can call from India.
Any advise?

Thanks
~Nancy

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
Hi Team,
I have applied for my work permit on Aug 31 (105 days) and not received any update yet. I came to india for a short vacation and I cam stuck here. I am really concerned as I have a offer to join on Jan 2021.:rolleyes:
Can you please tell me is there any ways to expedite it? Anyone have IRCC contact number I can call from India.
Any advise?

Thanks
~Nancy
Did you apply for the PGWP from inside Canada? Do you have a valid TRV till the time you want to return?

There is no known way to expedite a PGWP application. And you cannot call IRCC from outside Canada.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hey, I really need help!

My husband and I got refused of PGWP extension. We only had it for a year. They say that he needs a LMIA which can take a while. We can not afford to stop working!

We are in the process for applying for PR our english test date is in March!

What options do we have?
PGWP cant be extended, there aren't any quick options that let you work.