+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

fatfatsheep

Star Member
Dec 3, 2020
Hi folks, I received Correspondence Letter on Dec 10, and the status was changed to Reviewing eligibility. I got approved today Dec 11. Applied on Sep 16. I have a friend who applied same day also got his wp today.
Congrats! I assumed that your case is straight forward so they are processing fast? Did you finish a program without gap and not provided any LOE?

mikefox299

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Applied: Sept 18, 2020
Biometrics correspondence Letter: Dec 10, 2020
PGWP Approval: Dec 11, 2020

Even though I finished my 2 year MBA in 1 year, I was issued a 3 year PGWP. I only requested 1 year lol, guess the immigration officer was feeling generous that day

Good luck everyone!

alexxey

Dec 3, 2020
No. This really sucks and I think is unfair. I don’t understand why they’d take 10 more months to process such an application even if it requires “more attention”
Agree. It's been almost 7 months since I applied. Their system definitely requires some attention and modification. It's unacceptable.

railoc

Dec 11, 2020
Hello,

Please I need help! my husbands work permit has been refused which means that my spousal permit has been refused also.
This is what they said:

"After considering all the circumstances of your case, your application for a work permit cannot be approved as requested as per section R203 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. You do not possess a valid Labour Market Impact Assessment and Confirmation from Employment and Social Development Canada. Your prospective employer is responsible for obtaining this confirmation."

"Foreign students in Canada are eligible for a work permit for post-graduation employment on a one-time confirmation exemption that cannot be used again following the completion of any subsequent courses of study. You were formerly issued a work permit for post-graduation employment on October 29, 2019, and as such you are not eligible for another work permit in this category."

What should be our following steps to resubmit?
Do I have to pay restoration fee along with a new application fee?

Thank you

Pavan11

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Hello,

Please I need help! my husbands work permit has been refused which means that my spousal permit has been refused also.
This is what they said:

"After considering all the circumstances of your case, your application for a work permit cannot be approved as requested as per section R203 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. You do not possess a valid Labour Market Impact Assessment and Confirmation from Employment and Social Development Canada. Your prospective employer is responsible for obtaining this confirmation."

"Foreign students in Canada are eligible for a work permit for post-graduation employment on a one-time confirmation exemption that cannot be used again following the completion of any subsequent courses of study. You were formerly issued a work permit for post-graduation employment on October 29, 2019, and as such you are not eligible for another work permit in this category."

What should be our following steps to resubmit?
Do I have to pay restoration fee along with a new application fee?

Thank you
Sorry to hear that. So you have already got the WP once and this is the second time or what's the scenario. Who is primary applicant here?

mikefox299

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Kind of a stupid question, but can I now travel and re-enter Canada with my PGWP in-hand but with a student TRV stamped on my passport?

My student TRV expires in Nov 2021, so I should have my PR by then. Do I need to get a PGWP specific TRV or will the old one still work?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Kind of a stupid question, but can I now travel and re-enter Canada with my PGWP in-hand but with a student TRV stamped on my passport?

My student TRV expires in Nov 2021, so I should have my PR by then. Do I need to get a PGWP specific TRV or will the old one still work?
All TRVs are the same, the issue to re-enter is covid restrictions, having pgwp by itself might not be enough to be allowed entry

Navbhullar

Sep 2, 2018
Hi I applied my pgwp in August and I’m still waiting for updates. Anyone in the same boat as me ?

also I spent like two years in WLU but later transferred to Humber for another degree program. In my official Humber college transcript it contains the courses I took in 2013 from wlu and thoes r the only courses that were transferred to Humber and my degree program started at Humber in 2016 winter. I wonder if it’s mandatory for me to explain the gap between 2013 to 2016 while I was in WLU? Or I do not have to?
I applied for pgwp on 5 sept and my friend applied in august ,we both are still waiting,