+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Jyangbae

Dec 10, 2020
Hi I applied my pgwp in August and I’m still waiting for updates. Anyone in the same boat as me ?

also I spent like two years in WLU but later transferred to Humber for another degree program. In my official Humber college transcript it contains the courses I took in 2013 from wlu and thoes r the only courses that were transferred to Humber and my degree program started at Humber in 2016 winter. I wonder if it’s mandatory for me to explain the gap between 2013 to 2016 while I was in WLU? Or I do not have to?

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
Does it mean anyone who receives a correspondence for bio should expect to receive a “Approved” PGWP?
I meant that the final decision is usually made 1 to 3 days after Eligibility review starts and the biometrics correspondence letter is received. Receiving the biometrics correspondence letter simply means that the biometrics you submitted is still valid and as far as I know, has no bearing on the outcome of the application.

arokpp9

Dec 9, 2020
I meant that the final decision is usually made 1 to 3 days after Eligibility review starts and the biometrics correspondence letter is received. Receiving the biometrics correspondence letter simply means that the biometrics you submitted is still valid and as far as I know, has no bearing on the outcome of the application.
What about those who cannot submit biometrics bc of COVID -- I know we're exempt for now, but how does that affect processing times?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Applied Sept 18. Today I got an email that there was an update to my application, when I checked it now says "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. " and also sent me a correspondence letter confirming my bio-metrics

When can I expect to receive approval?
Friday or next week.

naresh_bc

Dec 9, 2020
Just Got my PGWP approved:
Applied: September 18, from BC
Eligibility Review Started: At least by December 09
Approved: December 10 (Today)

This forum is very helpful; thanks for posting all your updates!

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
What about those who cannot submit biometrics bc of COVID -- I know we're exempt for now, but how does that affect processing times?
I don't think that has an effect on the processing time. A friend who submitted on September 14th without biometrics got approved yesterday.

Reactions: arokpp9

qasim95

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Pakistan
App. Filed.......
26 October 2018
Med's Request
14th November 2018
Med's Done....
19th November 2018
Passport Req..
16 December 2018
The morning I got an email a change in application by ircc. When i opened it , the eligible review have been started , received a correspondence about the finger prints.

Applied on 20th September
Eligibility review started on 10 Dec

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
The morning I got an email a change in application by ircc. When i opened it , the eligible review have been started , received a correspondence about the finger prints.

Applied on 20th September
Eligibility review started on 10 Dec
Should be getting approval soon.

AJ_RP

Nov 18, 2020
Hey guys
How long does it take for physical copy of pgwp to come to your address. I’m in BC and it has been 15 days
Hey there, I applied from BC(Burnaby) as well, and I received my PGWP hardcopy in a week. It’s sent from Edmonton. But I believe normally it takes 2-3 weeks.