+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

chakri987

Oct 28, 2020
Hi everyone, I applied for my PGWP on Sep 22nd. Just now when I opened my application, there is a mistake I found ( I mentioned "NO" for the question - Have you taken a test from a Designated agency to assess your proficiency in English or French? ) As I actually wrote IELTS before, Answer must be Yes. Will this affect my work permit? Do I need to raise a Web form for this? Thanks in advance

leyley

Dec 8, 2020
Is your case any special than a normal one? Do yo I have gap in school years? Just wondering why it is taking so long for you,
yes and no.
I did a PEY coop (16 month internship) as a prerequisite to graduate. All my friends in the same situation got their wp approved months ago.
The only thing i can think of is that I took a part time course in the middle (completely optional and extra) and I did a summer intern

fatfatsheep

Star Member
Dec 3, 2020
yes and no.
I did a PEY coop (16 month internship) as a prerequisite to graduate. All my friends in the same situation got their wp approved months ago.
The only thing i can think of is that I took a part time course in the middle (completely optional and extra) and I did a summer intern
I still think it is taking too long to process your case!

Wop

Aug 19, 2020
I need help here. I received my PGWP last week and applied for the extension of TRV (by filling the form IMM 5257E)...I submitted my application today.

So, will I get the letter from IRCC requesting me to send them the passport through courier? After how many days, they ask for it?

The current processing time for TRV shows 61 days. Is this time period exclusive only for receiving the letter from IRCC (requesting for the passport) or does it include the total time IRCC will take to send me back the passport with an updated visa on it?

Can somebody reply to this query, please? Thanks in advance.

fulcrum

Dec 9, 2020
Good luck everyone,
Applied: November 2nd
Biometrics done: November 5th
College in Dli list: November 17th
No update at all
Jan 21 intake
I guess im late for January

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
I need help here. I received my PGWP last week and applied for the extension of TRV (by filling the form IMM 5257E)...I submitted my application today.

So, will I get the letter from IRCC requesting me to send them the passport through courier? After how many days, they ask for it?

The current processing time for TRV shows 61 days. Is this time period exclusive only for receiving the letter from IRCC (requesting for the passport) or does it include the total time IRCC will take to send me back the passport with an updated visa on it?

Can somebody reply to this query, please? Thanks in advance.
I believe the processing time applies only for the TRV to get approved. Sending the passport for stamping and getting it back should take about one or two weeks.

Reactions: Wop

Barnana

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Hey guys,
I received a message saying my application has been transferred to the office in Etobicoke. Did those who apply receive a similar email?

Manpreet040999

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Hey guys,
I received a message saying my application has been transferred to the office in Etobicoke. Did those who apply receive a similar email?
I am in the same boat as you, applied on 28 august , eligibility review started on 4 dec and on same day file transferred to etobicoke.
I am worried so much coz' my all friends who applied after me got their pgwp's.

Barnana

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
I am in the same boat as you, applied on 28 august , eligibility review started on 4 dec and on same day file transferred to etobicoke.
I am worried so much coz' my all friends who applied after me got their pgwp's.
Did your friends’ files also get transferred to Etobicoke? And where did you apply from?