+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

huey93

May 21, 2016
Yeah, GCKey access has been up and down. I had an update on my oldest study permit application for some reason. But no updates on the current PGWP application.

Looks like you should be receiving the result of your PGWP application soon.
Alright, hope it's an approval waiting tomorrow. Here's to both of us receiving some good news from immigration.

Reactions: santzapaul

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Thank you so much for replying.
I got the graduation letter on June 19. My study permit officially expires in 2021, but it’s only valid 90 days after graduation. I applied on day 90 (September 17) but because the timing of the website, the application was received on the 18th (day 91).

If they reject my application and the 180 days are over, what are my options to remain in Canada?
By all accounts the 90 day thing has never been taken into consideration by ircc, as long as the sp was not expired as per the date on it you should have no problem.

Pavan11

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Yes, I had to be working in a NOC 0, A or B, and have 3 pays lips. Also I wrote a letter explaining that I think I work in ... NOC B, because in my letter of employment they do not specify the NOC, only duties. This is a condition for my husband to be eligible for a SOWP. I hope he receives it, we really need him to continue working :)
Thank you

Pavan11

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
I got this email today morning. I have applied PGWP inland with biometrics on October 6th. Can someone help ?

Dear client,

You may have received a recent email from Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) with the subject line “We’re still working on your application” or “We updated your application status”.

This message was sent to some clients due to a technical error. If the message does not apply to you, for example if you no longer have an application in process with us, you may ignore it.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Sincerely,

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I got this email today morning. I have applied PGWP inland with biometrics on October 6th. Can someone help ?

Dear client,

You may have received a recent email from Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) with the subject line “We’re still working on your application” or “We updated your application status”.

This message was sent to some clients due to a technical error. If the message does not apply to you, for example if you no longer have an application in process with us, you may ignore it.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Sincerely,
Just ignore it doesnt mean anything, they sent the "still working on your application" email to some people who have already received their results.

Anshveer

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
I dont know whats going on, i applied on 5th i didnt get any update and people who applied on 6th ,9th or even 15th are getting approvals , what to do , very tensed

Reactions: Xeto1993

Barnana

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
I dont know whats going on, i applied on 5th i didnt get any update and people who applied on 6th ,9th or even 15th are getting approvals , what to do , very tensed
The latest I heard was September 11. Anyone applied after that and got updates?

also, was there anything wrong with your application? A LOE, expired permit ...etc?