+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
Applied Sept 7, application updated today morning but no change at all in the profile. Is it normal?
Ya, these are called ghost updates. Usually means that your application is being actively worked on . Hopefully you should get more concrete updates in the next few days.

Laskog

Nov 6, 2020
Finally Thank God An update!
Applied: June 5 inland
Background check update: about 2-3 weeks ago
Approval: December 3 for three years

I applied inland and travelled to my home country thinking I could return. I realize that I couldn’t and had to wait for my approval to return.
Best of luck to all, keep being patient.

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016

I applied inland and travelled to my home country thinking I could return. I realize that I couldn’t and had to wait for my approval to return.
Congrats! You may need to get a new TRV before you return, as inland applicants are not given a TRV when their PGWP is approved.

Reactions: Laskog

NPreti8195

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020

!!! congrats!!! You’ve been waiting so long! That’s amazing!

Reactions: Laskog

Laskog

Nov 6, 2020
Congrats! You may need to get a new TRV before you return, as inland applicants are not given a TRV when their PGWP is approved.
Thank you. Residents from my home country only need an eta instead of a TRV. So I was automatically given an eTA with my PGWP approval.

Manpreet040999

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Hi, my application status was updated and background check was showing not applicable, and i again checked just now , the status was updated again and now background check went back to processing and eligibility review has started. What does it mean ?
Thankyou.

alexxey

Dec 3, 2020
I applied on May 29th. No updates since then. Contacted local MP, they sent a request.
The response is " the officer is working on it..."