+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

NPreti8195

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Just wondering if you guys had gap in the school years which may cause longer assessment time? It does sound very odd that the May and June applications are still pending. Your cases must be special in some sense.
Yeah I had some unauthorised work that I sent an LOE for - I'm assuming that was why mine has been taking a while.

AlikoeW

Oct 4, 2020
My PGWP just got approved.

Applied : April 22 in Canada NS
Approval :December 3

I was diagnosed with cancer in October and had no insurance due to delayed work permit. I payed 10k CAD medical bills and had to come back to my home country a couple weeks earlier for further cancer treatment. Well, I guess it happens.

Reactions: NPreti8195

NPreti8195

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
My PGWP just got approved.

Applied : April 22 in Canada NS
Approval :December 3

I was diagnosed with cancer in October and had no insurance due to delayed work permit. I payed 10k CAD medical bills and had to come back to my home country a couple weeks earlier for further cancer treatment. Well, I guess it happens.
oh my god, are you okay now?? I'm so glad you got yours!!

alexxey

Dec 3, 2020
Just wondering if you guys had gap in the school years which may cause longer assessment time? It does sound very odd that the May and June applications are still pending. Your cases must be special in some sense.
No gaps in my case, however 9 credits in one of the semesters. Shouldn't be a problem I think ..

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
No gaps in my case, however 9 credits in one of the semesters. Shouldn't be a problem I think ..
The minimum course load to be considered full-time is 60% of the full course load. If your full course load was 5 subjects (15 credits) per semester and you took 3 courses (9 credits) I believe it should be fine.

Barnana

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Hi I applied my pgwp on 6th October
Is there hope of it coming in this month?
Please reply really worried
They are now processing end of August beginning of September. It’s hard to tell at this point. You will have a better idea when they get to the end of September.