+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

ruchit1234

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Hi guys, has anyone applied PGWP recently? If you do, let's share the timeline so that we can be more informed of the processing time. :D

According to CIC website, the current processing time is 36 days.

My case: Applied on March 3rd, still waiting.
from the date you apply it's 5 months atleast if you get earlier you're lucky!

Manpreet040999

Jun 6, 2019
Hi guys,
I recieved a letter from cic stating that "Your application has been transferred to the Canada Immigration Centre located in Etobicoke for processing. The Canada Immigration Centre will be contacting you with further instructions in due course." Eligibility review started yesterday and today i got this. I am so much worried. Please help what this could be.
Thanks

FarzanHyder

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
Hi guys,
I recieved a letter from cic stating that "Your application has been transferred to the Canada Immigration Centre located in Etobicoke for processing. The Canada Immigration Centre will be contacting you with further instructions in due course." Eligibility review started yesterday and today i got this. I am so much worried. Please help what this could be.
Thanks
Hopefully you get it soon !

Barnana

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Hi guys,
Thanks
When did you apply?

Xeto1993

Star Member
Nov 27, 2020
Does anyone know if we are required to give biometrics for an ongoing application as few biometrics centre are open for appointment.

santzapaul

Star Member
Aug 8, 2016
Does anyone know if we are required to give biometrics for an ongoing application as few biometrics centre are open for appointment.
As of now only permanent residence applicants are required to give biometrics.
But you can still go ahead and give them if you want. I may have to leave to my home country for a while and apply for a TRV with mandatory biometrics before I return to Canada. So, I got an appointment at the Whitby Service Canada and completed my biometrics requirement yesterday. I just needed the biometrics letter and my passport to get it done.

Reactions: Xeto1993

Xeto1993

Star Member
Nov 27, 2020
As of now only permanent residence applicants are required to give biometrics.
But you can still go ahead and give them if you want. I may have to leave to my home country for a while and apply for a TRV with mandatory biometrics before I return to Canada. So, I got an appointment at the Whitby Service Canada and completed my biometrics requirement yesterday. I just needed the biometrics letter and my passport to get it done.
What if the biomwtrics collection letter is expired, would they still consider it ?

santzapaul

Star Member
Aug 8, 2016
What if the biomwtrics collection letter is expired, would they still consider it ?
My bil was still valid when I gave biometrics. Am not sure if it needs to be valid. The Service Canada agent just asked me to show the second page where the IRCC No. was displayed. You can call the Service Canada service center where you intend to submit biometrics and confirm with them. It might not be wise to mention that you are applying for temporary residence.

Reactions: Xeto1993

Xeto1993

Star Member
Nov 27, 2020
My bil was still valid when I gave biometrics. Am not sure if it needs to be valid. The Service Canada agent just asked me to show the second page where the IRCC No. was displayed. You can call the Service Canada service center where you intend to submit biometrics and confirm with them. It might not be wise to mention that you are applying for temporary residence.
Thanks for all your information. Much appreciated .

Reactions: santzapaul