+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Pavan11

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
I also want to do the exact same thing. From my research, it seems that you can't apply for a new TRV without a valid study permit or work permit. So you cannot apply for it when you are on implied status. If someone has any experience with regards to this, it would be valuable to know. Thanks in advance!
Thanks for the response. I spoke to IRCC and they said, we cannot do anything apart from waiting. Very bad

NiPar2020

Nov 15, 2020
PGWP APPROVED TODAY.
Applied on 21 August without biometrics
Eligibility review starts today
I hope everyone get their PGWP soon,
Best of luck, .
This forum is very helpful,
Thank You.
What does 'Eligibility review starts today' Means ?. Do you get an email for this? how long it takes from Eligibility review to approval?

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
Also can I apply TRV with the email I received or I need the actual work permit ?
Please help
If you are applying from inside Canada, the processing time for TRV is 56 days. And I think you will need the actual work permit to apply for the TRV, as you will have to upload a scanned copy with the TRV application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
If you are applying from outside Canada use the above link to find out the processing time. It will vary depending on the country, but I am assuming that it will be considerably more than 56 days.

Reactions: Sehajnarula

NiPar2020

Nov 15, 2020
If you are applying from inside Canada, the processing time for TRV is 56 days. And I think you will need the actual work permit to apply for the TRV, as you will have to upload a scanned copy with the TRV application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
If you are applying from outside Canada use the above link to find out the processing time. It will vary depending on the country, but I am assuming that it will be considerably more than 56 days.
Can anyone tell me what are next steps after PGWP is approved? I applied inside Canada, but currently in India.
How long it takes to get visa stamped after PGWP is approved.

~ Nancy

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
Can anyone tell me what are next steps after PGWP is approved? I applied inside Canada, but currently in India.
How long it takes to get visa stamped after PGWP is approved.

~ Nancy
When you apply for a PGWP from inside Canada you are not given a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV - visa stamp in the passport). And you need to apply for a new TRV to re-enter Canada. The current processing time for a new TRV application from India is 32 weeks. And then one or two weeks to get the passport stamped.

One way to speed up the TRV application is if you get a job offer (or already have one) and submit that as part of the application. Or if you get a job after you apply, you can contact IRCC through the web form informing them that you have a job waiting for you here in Canada.

Last edited: