+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Help Needed! I urgently need to travel to my home country (India) and wanted to get some clarity from this forum if I can make the trip without jeopardizing my return to Canada.

I recently received my PGWP and applied inland for my TRV (currently awaiting my TRV). An immigration consultant told me that I can travel to India right now, and as soon as my TRV is approved, I can request through the IRCC webform to get my passport stamped within India. Does anyone know If this is possible? I don't want to be in a situation where I have to cancel my inland TRV application and apply for a fresh one from India as I would have to give my biometrics, and the process for doing so will take a lot of time because of which I might be stranded in India.
Normally thats doable but covid has changed things VPC are only now opening with limited capacity, and having TRV & PGWP is not a guarantee you will be allowed to travel back, check the actual rules.

Qccc

May 16, 2019
A friend of mine got approved.
Applied on July 27 in Alberta, no biometrics.
Eligibility review started on Nov 20.
Approved on Nov 21.

saeedft9

Aug 25, 2020
My PGWP just got approved, with no email!
I applied on August 2nd, and at the time I applied, my study permit was expired. I paid the restoration fee in September and sent the receipt, and have not been working since the graduation.

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
I applied on August 2nd, and at the time I applied, my study permit was expired. I paid the restoration fee in September and sent the receipt, and have not been working since the graduation.
Congrats! The email is always exactly 1 day late so you will receive it tomorrow:)

elishajeune

Sep 29, 2017
Congratulations! I’m very hopeful now that I read someone with a similar situation as mine. My study permit expired when I applied the PGWP as well on August 24 so I hope I will get mine in a couple of weeks!

AmitSh

Nov 3, 2020
Hello everyone.

So finally I got My PGWP approved no email. Just checked my profile

Please be patient I know its not easy but thats the only option.

Trust me you all will get it as I got. Good Luck

cheers

Applied : 3rd june

No updates till today.

Approved: 23rd Nov 2020 at 11 : 32 EDT elegibility started the same day.

they are processing random application.

Reactions: elishajeune

pggaa

Nov 18, 2020
RE: validity of your biometric information

Thank you for providing your biometric information (i.e. digital fingerprints and photograph) in support of your temporary resident application to Canada. The purpose of this letter is to notify you that your biometric information is valid until (yyyy/mm/dd) for subsequent temporary resident applications to Canada.

I got this letter yesterday. Does this mean - "eligibility started"?

Anill34

Oct 8, 2020
Congrats! Such relieving news for us with the same situation! Aug 12 still waiting.

NiPar2020

Nov 15, 2020
Hi All,

I had completed my one year of studies and applied for post graduate work permit on 31 August 2020, my student visa is valid till 31July 2021. Due to some personal reasons I have to go to india when I tried to come back I was denied the entry and told I will be able to return to canada when i get work permit.

I want to know till what date of application is the work permit issued. What is the probable date of my visa to get approved? I am in india now. Also can you please let me what are next steps after getting approval and how long it is going to take?

~ Nancy P

Last edited: