+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Lily.I

Oct 22, 2020
Hi. I applied on July 22, inland, no biometrics with official transcripts and got approved on November 16 (3 years). It took 118 days.
I applied from Winnipeg, Manitoba. I thank you all for making me stay patient during the last few months. This forum helped me a lot and I hope the other people will get yours soon, too.
I have one question. Is there anyone whose address in the approved document is not your current address or wrong address?
My address written there is wrong... My next step is to apply for SIN number, child benefits etc., and I am concerned if this mistake would affect or not. Thank you.

leonma

Sep 18, 2015
Hey stilling waiting for my approval since May. Anything I can do to make them process my application asap? I sent them many web forms but always just the same template saying they are still processing my application, and I called them once last week the guy just replied be patient.

AmitSh

Nov 3, 2020
Hey stilling waiting for my approval since May. Anything I can do to make them process my application asap? I sent them many web forms but always just the same template saying they are still processing my application, and I called them once last week the guy just replied be patient.
Same situation. Waiting from early june.

Sehajnarula

May 4, 2020
Hello everyone
I just got approved today. I applied on 28th July and got approved don 20th November

Can anyone tell how long does it take to receive the permit by mail and for TRV ?

I have to book my ticket for India and wanted to know an estimate for visa stamping also do I need to get biometrics done before going to India ??

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
Applied July 30th inland (Calgary) with biometrics on file
Eligibility started: Nov 19
Biometrics correspondence letter: Nov 19
Approved: Nov 20

Reactions: Sehajnarula

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
Hello everyone
I just got approved today. I applied on 28th July and got approved don 20th November

Can anyone tell how long does it take to receive the permit by mail and for TRV ?

I have to book my ticket for India and wanted to know an estimate for visa stamping also do I need to get biometrics done before going to India ??
My experience is it takes about 5 days for a work/study permit to arrive to any major city, but it's hard to estimate how long it takes to get your TRV. My first inland TRV they stamped the visa pretty quickly, I think my passport spent about 3 days in the office before they mailed it back, but the second time the passport was in their hand for 18 days (not including mailing time)

Patelpk

Oct 13, 2020
Hello everyone

Hello, my friend just applied for trv it seems 57 days nowadays

AmitSh

Nov 3, 2020
Hello everyone,

i have created thread here for people waiting from may and june thanks.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pgwp-inland-may-june-2020-applicants-still-waiting.710996/

maurelo23

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
Applied July 30th inland (Alberta) with biometrics on file
Eligibility started: Nov 19
Biometrics correspondence letter: Nov 19
Approved: Nov 20

Akashthisside

Sep 30, 2020
Help Needed! I urgently need to travel to my home country (India) and wanted to get some clarity from this forum if I can make the trip without jeopardizing my return to Canada.

I recently received my PGWP and applied inland for my TRV (currently awaiting my TRV). An immigration consultant told me that I can travel to India right now, and as soon as my TRV is approved, I can request through the IRCC webform to get my passport stamped within India. Does anyone know If this is possible? I don't want to be in a situation where I have to cancel my inland TRV application and apply for a fresh one from India as I would have to give my biometrics, and the process for doing so will take a lot of time because of which I might be stranded in India.