+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Ankita Nanda

Oct 24, 2020
this was before covid happened. this wasn't a very long process at that time.
Right now the processing time for trv is mentioned 40 days (inside Canada) but I won't rely on this as I have also applied for TRV on Oct 20 and haven't heard from ircc since then. I am also planning to travel in dec but won't book my tickets till I get my passport request. I will suggest you the same. If you have an option to book refundable tickets then go for it otherwise you should wait.
I hope this helped.
cheers!
Hey Neeraj...thanks for your reaponse..even I applied for TRV. Let’s see what happens next. Thank you again...

Reactions: Neerja.k

Manpinderjeet

Oct 2, 2020
Hi, I have one question as applied for my spousal extension but now I need sick leave from work due to pregnency. Does this leave effect my husband file. Is there chances of rejection or not. Please let me know if anyone knows. Thank you

nikhil96widhani

Oct 28, 2020
I am happy to inform that my PGWP was approved today

Applied on : 4 June, Ottawa
Review of eligibility : October 28, 2020 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview : You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.
Background check: Not applicable.
Final decision : October 28, 2020 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

Although i didn't receive correspondence letter or an email. Also my biometric status didn't update

Sehajnarula

May 4, 2020
I'm in the same situation, yet i applied for the PGWP with the explanation letter telling why i wasn't full time. I'm still waiting for a decision. However, my friend got his approved even though he has 4 part time semesters not including Summer. So, there's a chance we'll get approved also. Hopefully
Hello
I am in the same situation. I applied through an immigration consultant and also attached a letter from school.

Could you please tell me when did you friend apply ? And what reasons did he give ?

Merald Ferro

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
I am happy to inform that my PGWP was approved today

Applied on : 4 June, Ottawa
Review of eligibility : October 28, 2020 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview : You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.
Background check: Not applicable.
Final decision : October 28, 2020 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

Although i didn't receive correspondence letter or an email. Also my biometric status didn't update
Sorry i have a question. When is the start date of your PGWP, the date you did your application or the date get approved? thanx