+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Barnana

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
I got my final transcript saying my degree was conferred in June. However, I began working full time and I only got to submit my PGWP application last week of September. I did not say on that application I had unauthorized work because I did not know I couldn't work. Should I hire a lawyer to provide a letter of explanation?

But I did mention on the application that I have a job from June and it is the same as my "potential employer"

Did anyone get their application rejected because of unauthorized work? What are the odds of that happening?

binnyindia

Apr 26, 2018
You can start working once you receive the completion letter from the department/university/last day of class or when you received the final grades of last semester provided that you have applied for the pgwp after the 1st clause.
Degree mostly issued on date of later dates.

Barnana

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
You can start working once you receive the completion letter from the department/university/last day of class or when you received the final grades of last semester provided that you have applied for the pgwp after the 1st clause.
Degree mostly issued on date of later dates.
Yeah the problem is I didn’t apply right away. I waited until September so the work I did before that is considered unauthorized.

fakelucio

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
I got my final transcript saying my degree was conferred in June. However, I began working full time and I only got to submit my PGWP application last week of September. I did not say on that application I had unauthorized work because I did not know I couldn't work. Should I hire a lawyer to provide a letter of explanation?

But I did mention on the application that I have a job from June and it is the same as my "potential employer"

Did anyone get their application rejected because of unauthorized work? What are the odds of that happening?
check out this thread https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/i-worked-after-graduation-but-before-applying-for-pgwp-help.571585/

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
This means the officer will have to self-quarantine for 14 days upon returning to Canada.
Well, then I'm not getting a decision anytime soon :')
You got it buddy. Now try looking for new hobbies to keep yourself occupied