+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

danaaa

Star Member
May 25, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
STUDY
Does anyone know (or has done the same) whether I can START the online application for a PGWP while waiting for my final transcript? I just defended my thesis and hope to apply asap. It asks questions whether I can confirm that I already finished my degree, etc. but I'm wondering whether that applies to when I submit the application. Just curious whether everyone waited until they had they final transcripts to start the online application (I would wait until I have my transcripts to submit the application). Thank you!
I was literally at the same boat! And I applied after thesis defence without final transcript but with the letter from my school saying I have completed everything and my transcript would be updated in October (it is already and I have added it to my application through the webform). My sp was expiring at that tome and I got a job offer, so had to apply asap. I talked to a visa consultant who assured that I could apply without final transcript and attach it to my application later when I have it updated.
btw I’m still waiting for the decision.

Eagletowers

Jan 1, 2020
Hello! I applied for my PGWP on 7th July from outside Canada with biometrics (I gave them when I applied for my study permit). I am still within the processing time period (176 days at the moment I think) so trying to be patient. I am just a little concerned though that my application may be delayed or not be approved because I am applying from outside of Canada? I was wondering if anyone else had theirs approved despite applying from outside the country.
Thanks!
I applied from outside Canada and was required to do a medical I have done my medicals and passed the medicals still waiting for the next move

NPreti8195

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Hello everyone, I don't know how it never occurred to me before but I realised that when I worked part-time off-campus, I accidentally went over the 20hour limit sometimes. I worked part-time at a grocery store and I know that in April, restrictions were relaxed to let international students work more hours but I'm worried that perhaps my PGWP application will get rejected because of this. I think there were times in Jan/Feb/March this may have happened - I also used vacation pay cashouts/bonus pay at times so I'm not sure how that works either as it factors in as hours worked even though I didn't actually work during then. Sorry if that sounds a little confusing.

Does anybody have any experience with this?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello everyone, I don't know how it never occurred to me before but I realised that when I worked part-time off-campus, I accidentally went over the 20hour limit sometimes. I worked part-time at a grocery store and I know that in April, restrictions were relaxed to let international students work more hours but I'm worried that perhaps my PGWP application will get rejected because of this. I think there were times in Jan/Feb/March this may have happened - I also used vacation pay cashouts/bonus pay at times so I'm not sure how that works either as it factors in as hours worked even though I didn't actually work during then. Sorry if that sounds a little confusing.

Does anybody have any experience with this?
No it will not be a problem. Don’t worry. Make sure you meet requirements of pgwp .

NPreti8195

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
No it will not be a problem. Don’t worry. Make sure you meet requirements of pgwp .
I meet all of the requirements of the pgwp! Took no breaks off of school, went to a DLI, and applied within graduation date, and while my study permit was valid as well! I'm just been really stressed about the hours :(

• Sad
Reactions: fakelucio

fakelucio

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
I meet all of the requirements of the pgwp! Took no breaks off of school, went to a DLI, and applied within graduation date, and while my study permit was valid as well! I'm just been really stressed about the hours :(
Hopefully it all works out for you in the end man. Relax in the mean time, being too paranoid does no good to your mental health and it is not gonna affect the application outcome either.

NPreti8195

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
May 9th applicant here.

I'm very nervous. I got a "ghost update" on Friday, it seems they're reviewing my eligibility. I don't know how long it'll take to get a decision but I'm nervous because I'm also waiting for my OINP nomination and if my PGWP gets rejected I can't flagpole and I'll have to stop working hence losing any chance to get a PNP.

I went to college for 3 years, always full time according to my college, no breaks, no unauthorized work, applied shortly after graduating with my unofficial transcripts, and uploaded the official ones as soon as I got them as well as a full scan of my new passport...

Technically everything seems correct, but I'm afraid of having missed paperwork or screwing up documents. I double-checked everything and attached an explanation letter, but it's been so long I grow paranoid every day that passes.

Waiting with this uncertainty is the worst part, I wish you all good luck with your applications!
I feel you! I think the hardest thing is the waiting but trust that it will be alright! At the end of the day we can't make them work any faster and this year has been overwhelming for them as well!

You just gotta believe everything will be okay and it will be!