+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

luyaoda

Apr 23, 2020
Hi guys I’ve been trying to find info regarding whether a part time term would affect PGWP in this thread but don’t see any... so I’d just like to ask anyone who’s had experience taking one part time term but still got there PGWP...

I had one part time semester in 2018 spring but was full time in both summer 2018 and fall 2018, and in all other school years and semesters including the summer semester (goes to SFU which runs on a trimester system). Please if someone who’s had or heard of similar experience please let me know if the PGWP was approved.... I’m pretty frustrated now :(Thanks!

Randp

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
Hi guys I’ve been trying to find info regarding whether a part time term would affect PGWP in this thread but don’t see any... so I’d just like to ask anyone who’s had experience taking one part time term but still got there PGWP...

I had one part time semester in 2018 spring but was full time in both summer 2018 and fall 2018, and in all other school years and semesters including the summer semester (goes to SFU which runs on a trimester system). Please if someone who’s had or heard of similar experience please let me know if the PGWP was approved.... I’m pretty frustrated now :(Thanks!
You can just have your final term as a part time. Honestly, I dont know how this will affect pgwp but I do know that its just tge final term that can be a part time.

Klopo

Jul 16, 2020

you should have a valid reason why you were part-time. If you tell them oh i just wanted to have a break from school they wont accept it.

Reactions: dillym

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019

There are actually many posts about this topic in this thread. But if you haven't submitted your PGWP application yet, you must provide a Letter of Explanation which describes your reason for being part-time during that semester. If you could provide a sound reason (e.g. medical reasons) and can provide proof of documentation in your application, that would work. If you are still not sure what to do, the best thing you can do is seek advice from a paralegal or lawyer.

Last edited:

TK2020

Aug 18, 2020
Update! Applied May 4, 2020 without biometrics (in Canada, never left Canada during the entire process); Eligibility Review began on October 3, 2020, and approved on the same day.
Best of luck to everybody else out there! May the odds be ever in your favour. :)

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014

By the rules you are not allowed to be part time except for last semester. So now its up to he officer to decide if you will get the PGWP, sometimes people do get them but its a game of chance.

Klopo

Jul 16, 2020
Update! Applied May 4, 2020 without biometrics (in Canada, never left Canada during the entire process); Eligibility Review began on October 3, 2020, and approved on the same day.
Best of luck to everybody else out there! May the odds be ever in your favour. :)
how long did take between eligibility review and approval? I'm on the same boat as you applied on May 4th as well