+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Neerja.k

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
May 9th without biometrics, inland from Toronto as well. No updates.

Some people applied without biometrics after me and already got their PGWP's, so I believe a bunch of IRCC agents are processing bulk-applications. Example: 10 agents get to process 20 applications between April 1st and 10th while another 10 are processing from the 10th to the 20th, hence, if the second team is faster applicants who applied later will get their PGWP sooner. This is just a theory though, how IRCC actually works it's a mystery.

It'd be good to get at Reddit AMA with an IRCC worker to get a better understanding of how they process applications
Applied May 22 without biometrics
No updates yet
Looks like its random

Randp

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
Applied on 28th May without biometrics
No updates so far ...
So kindly keep posted if anyone sees any updates on their apps
Thank u

Sri5956

Sep 17, 2020
Anyone waiting for PGWP who applied in march 2020?
I've applied on march 11, waiting since then
haven't given biometrics

rohinislm98

Jul 27, 2020
Congrats! Did you apply only for you? I mean, did you apply for spouse's OWP as well? (If you don't mind to answer.)
Nope, Have been a student in Canada since 2015 - did undergrad and then went on to do one year post grad diploma. Only applied for myself and I got the 3 years

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
Some people applied without biometrics after me and already got their PGWP's, so I believe a bunch of IRCC agents are processing bulk-applications. Example: 10 agents get to process 20 applications between April 1st and 10th while another 10 are processing from the 10th to the 20th, hence, if the second team is faster applicants who applied later will get their PGWP sooner. This is just a theory though, how IRCC actually works it's a mystery.

I have been thinking this as well. The agent processing the PGWP for rohinislm98 must not have any kids or dogs etc. hanging around them at home distracting them.

I applied 28 April inland, no biometrics - still waiting for them to make a start.

Reactions: dillym