+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Im on implied as well. I could renew my drivers licence for 6 months, so you just go and ask (but I’m in Manitoba).
health insurance...yeah, I had to purchase a traver emergency health insurance.

Guys, those in implied status, what issues are you facing?

For me:
  • Can't apply for OHIP
  • Can't renew SIN or driver's license
Moved to BC last June from ON.

I have to renew my temporary driver's license in BC every two months.

My Ontario license was taken away from me. This means I only have one photo ID, my passport. Almost got refused a credit card because I could produce only one photo ID.

UHIP expired at the end of last August. Had to purchase emergency travel insurance as well. Had to extend it two times as I didn't anticipate the long processing times. I'm paying out of pocket for it until the beginning of December. Heard Health Insurance BC takes at least a month to process new residents' health benefits. They will not count me as a resident until I produce the physical PGWP. Therefore, I probably won't have provincial health coverage until January 2021 since I might not get my PGWP until end of November considering current processing times.

siseadobe

Sep 22, 2020
I made some mistakes on the IMM5710e form, and uploaded the unofficial transcript instead of the official. I've raised cse's to address these mistakes with the correct and updated documents. Since my application has not even started being reviewed as yet, will the officer consider the new documents I submitted?

wzhan160

Sep 22, 2020
I was just looking through this thread and anxiously waiting for my PGWP and it JUST got approved! I applied on March 18th without biometric and got approved today on September 22nd. Applied from Ontario.
Hang in there!

Reactions: dillym

Jreet

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
Im on implied as well. I could renew my drivers licence for 6 months, so you just go and ask (but I’m in Manitoba).
health insurance...yeah, I had to purchase a traver emergency health insurance.
I am in Edmenton i got 3 months extension on health card

Kyle1804

Sep 22, 2020
Hi, may ask guys who submitted PGWP on implied status, how did you get your IMM5170e to be validated if your previous study permit is already expired (question 7E - The end date of your immigration status in your current country of residence can't be filled with day in the past) and your new study permit has not arrived yet? Is it not the date indicated on the study permit?

Edit: Found a post said I can enter today date and explain the situation in a letter. Anyone has done this? Or is there other ways? [link to post: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pgwp-apply-after-expired-study-permit.699853/)

Last edited:

jasmit03

Sep 13, 2020
My study permit is expiring on sept 30, can I still work after it expires? I have submitted PGWP on April 17th..waiting for a decision to be made on my application. Is anyone still working after their study permit expired, if yes - did you submit any application for extension?

JASPRET

Jan 23, 2020
My study permit is expiring on sept 30, can I still work after it expires? I have submitted PGWP on April 17th..waiting for a decision to be made on my application. Is anyone still working after their study permit expired, if yes - did you submit any application for extension?
You can able to work full time as per the implied status of PGWP but some people recommmanded to takes an extension with the explanation letter if in case you will get a refusal on the PGWP, as per rules you need a valid status to reapply or for reconsidration.as per before, the processing time was no over the 3 months and a CIC already give 3 months extra on study permit to cover the PGWP processing times.
but now due to the corona study permit processing times already high so it's not worth it. if your study permit already expires so you also brake a rule to be renew it before expire. i also in the same situation and hope to be approved. I had some parttime study.

Reactions: jasmit03

Neerja.k

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
You can able to work full time as per the implied status of PGWP but some people recommmanded to takes an extension with the explanation letter if in case you will get a refusal on the PGWP, as per rules you need a valid status to reapply or for reconsidration.as per before, the processing time was no over the 3 months and a CIC already give 3 months extra on study permit to cover the PGWP processing times.
but now due to the corona study permit processing times already high so it's not worth it. if your study permit already expires so you also brake a rule to be renew it before expire. i also in the same situation and hope to be approved. I had some parttime study.
Any May applicant who has got some updates ??
Hey jaspreet u got ur pgwp?

applied on may 22 no updates yet

Mila_84

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
Hi, may ask guys who submitted PGWP on implied status, how did you get your IMM5170e to be validated if your previous study permit is already expired (question 7E - The end date of your immigration status in your current country of residence can't be filled with day in the past) and your new study permit has not arrived yet? Is it not the date indicated on the study permit?

Edit: Found a post said I can enter today date and explain the situation in a letter. Anyone has done this? Or is there other ways? [link to post: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pgwp-apply-after-expired-study-permit.699853/)
We submitted to PGWP on implied status, but our SP arrived after 5 months. The problem is that when we received it, it was expiring already. We got on August and it will expire next week. I believe my consultant made a letter explaining this situation when they applied to PGWP.

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
for those who were once asked to submit biometrics, how long did it take IRCC to update your application to reflect that biometrics are not required?

kikkat

Star Member
May 18, 2020
Does anyone know from which date does the countdown for PGWP begins. Is it the day it was applied or the day it got sanctioned by IRCC?
The one who already received it may wanna revert! Thanks :)