+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

LuckyandHappy

Sep 6, 2020
Do Biometrics help speed up the process? Some of my friends had Biometrics in the system and there PGWP was approved in a month (applied in May). Friends who didn't have biometrics are still waiting.

I have just received a biometrics letter for my TRV and am wondering if it's worth going to Dubai and home quarantining for 2 weeks if that speeds up the process.
Applied inland 15th May
In India currently. Both PGWP and TRV in process

Reactions: Ajay. Goyal

mike93

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
Do Biometrics help speed up the process? Some of my friends had Biometrics in the system and there PGWP was approved in a month (applied in May). Friends who didn't have biometrics are still waiting.

I have just received a biometrics letter for my TRV and am wondering if it's worth going to Dubai and home quarantining for 2 weeks if that speeds up the process.
Applied inland 15th May
My friend is waiting for PGWP since the same date even though he had biometrics... BTW are you able to apply for TRV why your PGWP is in the process?

Mil.Av

Sep 24, 2020
PGWP Issued 3 years longer than passport expiry!

Hello everyone,

Hope your guys are doing well in this ongoing pandemic situation. Right now, I am very confused to renew my PGWP and I believe that I have to contact IRCC before submitting my application because my case is different.

Here is my situation:

I completed 3 years advanced diploma last year. So, I was completely eligible and got my PGWP last year with 3 years full validity until July 2022 which was longer than my passport validity! And my current passport valid until March 2021!

That time I thought that might be okay and I have to apply again for my PGWP renewal when I will get my new passport because we know the expiry date of the PGWP permit is linked to the expiry on the passport.

So, recently I got my new passport and will apply the PGWP renewal soon. But I am confused when I saw that CIC mention;

• we’ll only issue you a PGWP that’s valid until your passport expires
  • we’ll tell you if you need to extend it to get the full validity
****You can only extend a PGWP if we tell you to.

*But I have full 3 years validity and there are not any remarks that mention I can extend my PGWP!

Here is a couple of points that I figured out:

• If my current PGWP remain valid for 3 years, so I don’t need to apply for an extension! I need to apply for the only TRV in my new passport! As a result, I can save time and money as well!
  • If it will be expiring on the current passport expiry, then how I can apply the renewal without the remark! Should I send an explanation with my application?
Before submitting my application, I am looking for your kind advice, experiences, and opinion to avoid more delays in the current lengthy processing time due to the Covid-19 situation.

I will be really grateful if experienced members give their advice and share experiences to process if anyone had a similar situation.

Kind regards.

Last edited:

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
PGWP Issued 3 years longer than passport expiry!

Hello everyone,

Hope your guys are doing well in this ongoing pandemic situation. Right now, I am very confused to renew my PGWP and I believe that I have to contact IRCC before submitting my application because my case is different.

Here is my situation:

I completed 3 years advanced diploma last year. So, I was completely eligible and got my PGWP last year with 3 years full validity until July 2022 which was longer than my passport validity! And my current passport valid until March 2021!

That time I thought that might be okay and I have to apply again for my PGWP renewal when I will get my new passport because we know the expiry date of the PGWP permit is linked to the expiry on the passport.

So, recently I got my new passport and will apply the PGWP renewal soon. But I am confused when I saw that CIC mention;

• we’ll only issue you a PGWP that’s valid until your passport expires
  • we’ll tell you if you need to extend it to get the full validity
****You can only extend a PGWP if we tell you to.

*But I have full 3 years validity and there are not any remarks that mention I can extend my PGWP!

Here is a couple of points that I figured out:

• If my current PGWP remain valid for 3 years, so I don’t need to apply for an extension! I need to apply for the only TRV in my new passport! As a result, I can save time and money as well!
  • If it will be expiring on the current passport expiry, then how I can apply the renewal without the remark! Should I send an explanation with my application?
Before submitting my application, I am looking for your kind advice, experiences, and opinion to avoid more delays in the current lengthy processing time due to the Covid-19 situation.

I will be really grateful if experienced members give their advice and share experiences to process if anyone had a similar situation.

Kind regards.
If they issued you 3 year pgep the first time there is no need to extend, they made an error but its fine on ur side.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014

Applied inland 15th May
Biometrics are no longer required so it makes no difference, back in May it was required so those with biometrics were being processed quickly while those without were stuck with no way to get biometrics, now we are all the same with and without biometrics.

Klopo

Jul 16, 2020
If they issued you 3 year pgep the first time there is no need to extend, they made an error but its fine on ur side.
or maybe they changed the process to lower the volume of requests they receive. PGWP extension due to passport expiry is one of the most requested