+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Longhair

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Since offer letters are being revoked by the employers, students have to sit home or find a new job/employer who accepts the implied status, would this be considered one of the factors to apply for CERB considering they aren't working and earned more than $5000 in the previous year?
My guess would be it is not applicable. Remember CERB is COVID-19 related. Only one portion of your question falls under the eligibility, while the other portion related to CIC application processing. Contact CRA to be sure, then let us all know.

Reactions: fakelucio

amadio

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Application got approved without biometrics
Just wanted to share with you my update
My wife applied for PGWP on June 10th with an open work permit for me and 2 study permits for our kids. Me and my wife applications got approved on 28th of July but our kids applied without biometrics and their application was on hold I called cic client center and they confirmed that the kids application will remain on hold unless we respond to the biometric letter by raising a web form that we are unable to submit the biometrics due to COVID-19 and the closure of all service canada offices . So I have raised a web form then 3 days later my kids study permit application were approved.

Longhair

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Application got approved without biometrics
Just wanted to share with you my update
My wife applied for PGWP on June 10th with an open work permit for me and 2 study permits for our kids. Me and my wife applications got approved on 28th of July but our kids applied without biometrics and their application was on hold I called cic client center and they confirmed that the kids application will remain on hold unless we respond to the biometric letter by raising a web form that we are unable to submit the biometrics due to COVID-19 and the closure of all service canada offices . So I have raised a web form then 3 days later my kids study permit application were approved.
Congratulations!! Did you apply inside or outside of Canada?

Reactions: dillym and amadio