+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Amazee1219

Aug 29, 2020
Hi guys. i have a query. i Completed my graduation in June from Concordia University and applied for work permit from inside canada in July 2020. Then I had to come to India for some family emergency. My TRV is till 31 Aug and I cant go back to Canada before that. Had anyone faced a similar situation?

Reactions: sekudeepakkumar

Amazee1219

Aug 29, 2020
Hi guys. i have a query. i Completed my graduation in June from Concordia University and applied for work permit from inside canada in July 2020. Then I had to come to India for some family emergency. My TRV is till 31 Aug and I cant go back to Canada before that. Has anyone faced a similar situation? Or can Suggest what are the options for me

sekudeepakkumar

Jun 24, 2020
Hi guys. i have a query. i Completed my graduation in June from Concordia University and applied for work permit from inside canada in July 2020. Then I had to come to India for some family emergency. My TRV is till 31 Aug and I cant go back to Canada before that. Had anyone faced a similar situation?
Me too in similar situation I graduated in May and returned to India in June due to medical emergency.I Applied for PGWP in june while in Canada and my study visa is valid till November 2020,I am not sure if I would be allowed to travel back to Canada with student visa. If you find any leads please let me know. If anyone know who is in a similar situation please help and suggest how to proceed with this situation

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Me too in similar situation I graduated in May and returned to India in June due to medical emergency.I Applied for PGWP in june while in Canada and my study visa is valid till November 2020,I am not sure if I would be allowed to travel back to Canada with student visa. If you find any leads please let me know. If anyone know who is in a similar situation please help and suggest how to proceed with this situation
The rules are on their website. Look under the item "Travel exemptions and restrictions for international students"

Longhair

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Application got approved without biometrics
Just wanted to share with you my update
My wife applied for PGWP on June 10th with an open work permit for me and 2 study permits for our kids. Me and my wife applications got approved on 28th of July but our kids applied without biometrics and their application was on hold I called cic client center and they confirmed that the kids application will remain on hold unless we respond to the biometric letter by raising a web form that we are unable to submit the biometrics due to COVID-19 and the closure of all service canada offices . So I have raised a web form then 3 days later my kids study permit application were approved.
I find it interesting that you had to respond to the biometrics letter. The website stated that applicants dont need to send webform inquiry about it and we just need to wait. Was there a specific situation why you had to respond to the biomeritics?

Renadxb

Jun 24, 2018
Wanted to inquire as am going to be applying for the pgwp tomorrow Are we supposed to pay for the biometric while paying for the application for pgwp even though it’s on hold right now ,

fakelucio

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020