+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Klopo

Jul 16, 2020
Take a chill pill honey..they are not robots..only humans.. lets just hope for the best for each application.
I'm chill, in my case no stress i applied only for an extension of pgwp but in the meantime i already have applied for PR. But I feel bad for people having to wait for more than 6months to get a work permit, some even got job offers cancelled those are humans too. 6 months is not a realistic waiting time with all due respect to people processing those demands but something is wrong

Reactions: dillym

Longhair

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
I'm chill, in my case no stress i applied only for an extension of pgwp but in the meantime i already have applied for PR. But I feel bad for people having to wait for more than 6months to get a work permit, some even got job offers cancelled those are humans too. 6 months is not a realistic waiting time with all due respect to people processing those demands but something is wrong
I'm in the very same boat waiting for my pgwp and to add, cannot work until approval because of the field i intend to work.. so double wammy there. I applied late May. However, I think where they went wrong is to notice the effect corona has and attempt to allow biometrics. They should have just omitted it initially in my opinion then the backlog would not be overwhelming with extensive processing time. Anywy that was a lesson for them. Keep the faith dear.

Klopo

Jul 16, 2020
I'm in the very same boat waiting for my pgwp and to add, cannot work until approval because of the field i intend to work.. so double wammy there. I applied late May. However, I think where they went wrong is to notice the effect corona has and attempt to allow biometrics. They should have just omitted it initially in my opinion then the backlog would not be overwhelming with extensive processing time. Anywy that was a lesson for them. Keep the faith dear.
I agree, I hope life gets easier for everyone it's definitely challenging times for everyone

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
the processing time is not realistic at all...IRCC need to do a better job honestly
Yep, it's totally unrealistic!! :confused: It's ridiculous that international students have graduated with job offers and can't even begin to work because employers won't accept implied status as valid status. It's so sad and really frustrating that the government hasn't addressed this aspect of the COVID fallout and impact on processing of applications. How do they expect people to pay for living costs without turning to parents for help? :rolleyes:

Hang in there everyone! Hopefully by the time September swings around and students start studying, PGWP applications will get processed more efficiently.

Gill07

May 5, 2020
Applied on feb 15th without biometrics
Eligibility review - August 26 (Today)
Approved - August 26 (Today)

Thank you for guidance as I read in one post to call CIC and I called CIC yesterday but system said that lines are busy.Finally, I got approved today. Best of luck to everyone who is waiting for final decision.

ianrachkov

Star Member
Jun 14, 2020

Thank you for guidance as I read in one post to call CIC and I called CIC yesterday but system said that lines are busy.Finally, I got approved today. Best of luck to everyone who is waiting for final decision.
Congrats! Thats what I did, they accepted me the day i called them.

fakelucio

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020

So if I understand correctly you didn’t manage to talk to an agent because the line was busy? Just trying to see if there is a pattern there that we need to call them to get our application move forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: dillym

Ishan5557

Star Member
Apr 7, 2020
Yep, it's totally unrealistic!! :confused: It's ridiculous that international students have graduated with job offers and can't even begin to work because employers won't accept implied status as valid status. It's so sad and really frustrating that the government hasn't addressed this aspect of the COVID fallout and impact on processing of applications. How do they expect people to pay for living costs without turning to parents for help? :rolleyes:

Hang in there everyone! Hopefully by the time September swings around and students start studying, PGWP applications will get processed more efficiently.
Since offer letters are being revoked by the employers, students have to sit home or find a new job/employer who accepts the implied status, would this be considered one of the factors to apply for CERB considering they aren't working and earned more than $5000 in the previous year?

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Since offer letters are being revoked by the employers, students have to sit home or find a new job/employer who accepts the implied status, would this be considered one of the factors to apply for CERB considering they aren't working and earned more than $5000 in the previous year?

I have no idea to be honest. I would call the relevant Canadian government authority (I believe it's the CRA) to find out about this.