+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Bryan02

Star Member
Aug 8, 2016
Hi All,

I applied my PGWP on 7the feb and got my biometrics done on 12th feb. I received an update on my application that my application has been transferred to Canada immigration centre in Etibicoke on 9th may and since then I haven’t received any update and the online status shows that “we are reviewing if you meet the eligibility requirements” . I have submitted multiple web forms and all that they reply is due to Covid situation applications are delayed and your application is still in progress. Can anybody please suggest what should i do?

Thanks,
Tarun
You should wait as eligibility review doesnt take long

Greentealatte

May 30, 2019
May 27 Applied without biometrics in Canada
May 28 BIL
Aug 13 Eligibility review
Aug 18 Approved

Waiting for the paper now.

I have submitted letter when i applied that i got a job offer as a essential worker.
Maybe thats why i got it early i guess?

Reactions: dillym

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
I applied on June 5th for me and my partner; no update. I have valid biometrics, but my partner does not. So I guess, our applications are connected, and they must be issued together!

Wop

Aug 19, 2020
I have applied for the PGWP on August 2nd and received the Biometrics letter on 4th August. It says "Your action is required". However, IRCC clearly mentions that the biometrics service is not available at this point of time and you can ignore this letter. Why still it says "your action is required". Do you think its just an automated status friends? Thanks.

fakelucio

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
I have applied for the PGWP on August 2nd and received the Biometrics letter on 4th August. It says "Your action is required". However, IRCC clearly mentions that the biometrics service is not available at this point of time and you can ignore this letter. Why still it says "your action is required". Do you think its just an automated status friends? Thanks.
That’s automated. Don’t worry you don’t need to give biometrics. The fee will be refunded in the end.

Bob.riva

Jul 24, 2020
I had same message. It will automatically be changed back to submitted exactly after one month from the date of BIL

Longhair

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hi
I applied on 28th May for pgwp .. got a biometric request letter but the centres are closed. Will they still process my app
You may know by now that biometrics are cancelled and they will process without it. I applied in May. We just have to wait. It can be daunting but it'll pass.

Randp

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
You may know by now that biometrics are cancelled and they will process without it. I applied in May. We just have to wait. It can be daunting but it'll pass.
Yea Thanks for that. But just keep posted about the developments as the IRCC has been increasing the processing times and thats very stressful

luminel

Aug 20, 2020
I applied for PGWP on 2nd of June with no bio. No update on this one yet, but the study permit application that was approved in 2017 in the same account switched to "application/profile updated" so I don't know if someone has taken a look at my application yet or if this is just a system update.