+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

pj20000001

Jul 23, 2020
Buddy got refused for PGWP.
He dropped one subject and officer says it doesnt meet the 8months of fulltime, even the friend retook the class in 1yr and passed the class.

He applied on May 3rd without biometrics.
Now he is working on with visa lawer.
Hey did he write an explanation letter to be submitted along with his application to explain why he dropped?

ianrachkov

Star Member
Jun 14, 2020
Just received an update on my application. Says 'we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements' and background check says 'not applicable.' Should I be worried about the not applicable thing?? sorry guys, I am so incredibly paranoid and deal with anxiety I need some answers T_T

I applied on Jan 31st btw
I got that. I just got accepted today. I applied the 7th february.

Review of eligibility
  • August 5, 2020 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • Not applicable.
Final decision
  • August 7, 2020 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

Aria020711

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Sharing timeline for WP processing.
Cic agent mentioned that around first week of July, they started working on 9th Dec applications. As processing was stopped due to pandemic in March.Then you can approximate your processing time unless your application is prioritized due to essential services.As processing time is approximately 36 days.

Jan 17th: WP application online inside Canada(without biometrics)

Eligibility review started July 30th

I called Cic agent on 31st July. He mentioned that my WP application was approved on 30th July. But I don't see any update on my end.
Does it take time for them to process approval letter after approving an WP application.
Did you get the approval letter?

Anshveer

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
The processing time is increased from 36 days to 95 days again for people inside canada.
And people who are outside now have 147 days

kikkat

Star Member
May 18, 2020
Buddy got refused for PGWP.
He dropped one subject and officer says it doesnt meet the 8months of fulltime, even the friend retook the class in 1yr and passed the class.

He applied on May 3rd without biometrics.
Now he is working on with visa lawer.
Do you know why did he dropped? Did he failed that course? Can you please confirm with him?

kikkat

Star Member
May 18, 2020
Guys, I need your assistance.
I applied for my PGWP on May 17.
I failed a course in my 2nd Semester and so my tanscripts shows only 8 credits in the 2nd Semester Section where as I was enrolled for 11 credits. It was due to that course its showing 8 credits.
But then after reading the threads I am in turmoil whether I would have submitted a letter of explanation. What shall I do now? Can I submit a letter of explanation now?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Don't think you will get PGWP. You will need to complete atleast 9 credits per semester to be considered full time and how were you able to graduate after failing a class?