+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

skillfullmine

Jul 9, 2020
Hello. I'm new here.

I applied for pgwp at the end of February online (inside Canada). I submitted all requirements as they asked including biometrics. I left messages on the IRCC web form twice after the normal processing time (86 days, you could check it on IRCC website). The first reply in June is we would inform all relative departments about my message. The last response in July is your application is still in processing. Online application status displays "reviewing eligibility, checking background and progressing application" more than two months or further.
My student visa is expired, when can I get the pgwp?
I've seen people on this thread who re-applied for PGWP online with a detailed explanation letter and got their second application approved within 7-14 days and they asked to cancel the first application.

ianrachkov

Star Member
Jun 14, 2020
Hello. I'm new here.

I applied for pgwp at the end of February online (inside Canada). I submitted all requirements as they asked including biometrics. I left messages on the IRCC web form twice after the normal processing time (86 days, you could check it on IRCC website). The first reply in June is we would inform all relative departments about my message. The last response in July is your application is still in processing. Online application status displays "reviewing eligibility, checking background and progressing application" more than two months or further.
My student visa is expired, when can I get the pgwp?
Me too, I applied the 7th February and I got nothing. When I send webforms they tell me that because of covid the delay are longer and that my application is still being processed.

skillfullmine

Jul 9, 2020
Me too, I applied the 7th February and I got nothing. When I send webforms they tell me that because of covid the delay are longer and that my application is still being processed.
How come the delays are longer due to covid when most of the people that applied got it in 7-14 days

danaaa

Star Member
May 25, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
STUDY
I have applied on June 24 without biometrics, got BIL on June 25. So still waiting. Anyone who applied on June 24 without biometrics let’s inform each other about the process!

Bob.riva

Jul 24, 2020
I have applied on June 24 without biometrics, got BIL on June 25. So still waiting. Anyone who applied on June 24 without biometrics let’s inform each other about the process!
I am on same boat. Applied 24th got BIL 25 and waiting

Canadalife?

Jul 23, 2020
I've seen people on this thread who re-applied for PGWP online with a detailed explanation letter and got their second application approved within 7-14 days and they asked to cancel the first application.
What context of the explanation letter? Did people pay the same fee again for the re-application?

Canadalife?

Jul 23, 2020
I have a friend who got pgwp in May and he applied for it at the beginning of February. Besides, he did biometrics before the middle of March.