+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

skillfullmine

Jul 9, 2020
Submitted on June 22 with biometrics
Got correspondence letter on July 10
Got approval on July 21.
Best of luck to everyone guys, cheers
Congrats! Did you have to call IRCC or send a webform to give you an answer/decision about your application at some point? or you just waited until they responded?

zhenqiz

Star Member
Jun 16, 2016
Waiting for someone who has applied without biometrics and successfully got approved. Deeply appreciate if you can share your timeline!

Last edited:

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi
I applied for the restoration and pgwp by mail on 2nd jan. Till now I haven’t heard anything about my application.
That is very disappointing on their side. They told us to do it by mail and they only process online ones. It is unfortunate to see this. I am in panic as my employer persists on having that and we are in the air. They could ask us to simply submit online, it was cheaper and faster. I am very disappointed on how they handle applications.

Canadalife?

Jul 23, 2020
Hello. I'm new here.

I applied for pgwp at the end of February online (inside Canada). I submitted all requirements as they asked including biometrics. I left messages on the IRCC web form twice after the normal processing time (86 days, you could check it on IRCC website). The first reply in June is we would inform all relative departments about my message. The last response in July is your application is still in processing. Online application status displays "reviewing eligibility, checking background and progressing application" more than two months or further.
My student visa is expired, when can I get the pgwp?