+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

lferfga

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
I might be wrong but there was questionnaire that we filled out before submitting the documents and one of them is asking where you are applying from? I think if you apply pgwp outside of Canada you have to submit more documents than inland applicants like the family information form.
I did have to fill the family information form even applying within Canada, but apparently not everyone gets asked to submit that one.
After some googling, it seems applicants outside of Canada apply using IMM1295 instead of IMM5710, so I guess that's how they know.

Reactions: fakelucio

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi all

Is there someone who applied by mail? I just called CIC and the agent told, the paper based ones are stack in the mail room without being processed in the current situation and I need to wait for unknown time. Is there someone who applied by paper and received approval? What I should do? I just feel any hope is unrealistic for this application and I am frustrated. Is it ok that I reapply online or just wait?

Last edited:

sidix52831

Jun 23, 2020
I did have to fill the family information form even applying within Canada, but apparently not everyone gets asked to submit that one.
After some googling, it seems applicants outside of Canada apply using IMM1295 instead of IMM5710, so I guess that's how they know.
Applied from outside Canada here - I didn't have to fill out the family information form, but I did use IMM1295 instead.

Reactions: lferfga

mlh

Jul 17, 2020
Hi all

Is there someone who applied by mail? I just called CIC and the agent told, the paper based ones are stack in the mail room without being processed in the current situation and I need to wait for unknown time. Is there someone who applied by paper and received approval? What I should do? I just feel any hope is unrealistic for this application and I am frustrated. Is it ok that I reapply online or just wait?
I also applied by mail back in March and I see they have registered my application in the system which means they have opened my application package, but not further updates yet.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
I also applied by mail back in March and I see they have registered my application in the system which means they have opened my application package, but not further updates yet.
Thanks, this is great. How did you locate your application number? Did you call them to obtain this or could you do it through your profile? Hope we see some progress

Thalyssa

Jun 27, 2019
Just noticed that biometrics are now exempt for in-Canada applications.

My status still shows "your action is required" though. I'm guessing I'll just wait for it to be approved at this point then? Also nice that I'll be getting my $85 back.

fakelucio

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Just wondering if anyone's background check status has been updated? Mine says: "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
To be honest I can't recall if the status of my background check has always been this way ever since I submitted the application OR the status has been indeed updated.... Maybe I'm just grasping at the straws here. Does anyone know if the background check actually begins with the status of "We are processing your background check" after one submitted the application?

ianrachkov

Star Member
Jun 14, 2020
Just wondering if anyone's background check status has been updated? Mine says: "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
To be honest I can't recall if the status of my background check has always been this way ever since I submitted the application OR the status has been indeed updated.... Maybe I'm just grasping at the straws here. Does anyone know if the background check actually begins with the status of "We are processing your background check" after one submitted the application?
I have that since February.

TanKin

Jun 20, 2016
That is what it says when your application is received/ submitted.

Ishan5557

Star Member
Apr 7, 2020
Just noticed that biometrics are now exempt for in-Canada applications.

My status still shows "your action is required" though. I'm guessing I'll just wait for it to be approved at this point then? Also nice that I'll be getting my $85 back.
My Status is changed to "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. "