+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
I did my biometrics March 9 2020
In my new application that was just approved I wrote a very detailed letter as to why I didn’t declare my relationship and why I was out of status
In all I paid 690$
200 restoration
150 study permit
100 open work permit
155 work permit
85 biometrics
I am surprised they didn't just process your WP. How many years PGWP were you eligible for initially and did you reapply within 180 days of your program completion?

vinodkutlehria

Apr 8, 2020
Hi everyone ... I am new in this forum ...

Need clarification on PGWP .. how many years permit is given for 18months course in canada now ... cic site says less than 2 years course will be eligible for work permit duration equivalent to course length...

Pl clarify, people who have already got their work permit after 18 months course
3yrs

WorshiperSS

May 4, 2020
Thank you.

I've heard that rates of approval for PGWP are high so I hope everyone who applied will soon get positive news.

And if someone is wondering about spousal OWP with PGWP: they really seem to only look into PGWP holder's work in a NOC 0, A or B. That's it. We didn't submit any proof of funds for me, and I was unemployed at the time I applied, and I indeed still am, because of Covid-19. We put my occupation as a homemaker. This is a legitimate option. You don't have to be employed for OWP. They really only look into PGWP holder's job. But a PGWP holder has to submit payslips from a NOC 0, A or B job.

Good luck everyone. I hope your applications will be approved.
Was the job part time? If so, how many hours?

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Sorry to ask, when did you apply for withdrawal? And can one make a second application before the withdrawal is processed?