+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
I got approved today. However, my timeline might not be relevant for the others, since mine is a spouse OWP and tied to my wife's PGWP. She applied on January 27th and was approved on April 28th.

My timeline:
Applied: February 10
Biometrics: February 20
Correspondence letter: May 4
Approved: May 5

I do think it's still early for those who gave their biometrics on February 20th to be approved, so I think they approved mine because they already processed my wife's PGWP and my permit is tied to hers.

vinodkutlehria

Apr 8, 2020
I got approved today. However, my timeline might not be relevant for the others, since mine is a spouse OWP and tied to my wife's PGWP. She applied on January 27th and was approved on April 28th.

My timeline:

I do think it's still early for those who gave their biometrics on February 20th to be approved, so I think they approved mine because they already processed my wife's PGWP and my permit is tied to hers.
Yesterday approvals for 7th to 10 Feb came

vinodkutlehria

Apr 8, 2020

My timeline:

Many congratulations

Reactions: SatNight

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Thank you.

I've heard that rates of approval for PGWP are high so I hope everyone who applied will soon get positive news.

And if someone is wondering about spousal OWP with PGWP: they really seem to only look into PGWP holder's work in a NOC 0, A or B. That's it. We didn't submit any proof of funds for me, and I was unemployed at the time I applied, and I indeed still am, because of Covid-19. We put my occupation as a homemaker. This is a legitimate option. You don't have to be employed for OWP. They really only look into PGWP holder's job. But a PGWP holder has to submit payslips from a NOC 0, A or B job.

Good luck everyone. I hope your applications will be approved.

Reactions: Hassan17

Rita2929

Feb 1, 2020
Hi everyone ... I am new in this forum ...

Need clarification on PGWP .. how many years permit is given for 18months course in canada now ... cic site says less than 2 years course will be eligible for work permit duration equivalent to course length...

Pl clarify, people who have already got their work permit after 18 months course

Apr 21, 2018
Hi applied pgwp on 20th jan biometric done on 22nd jan no reply yet even no correspondence mail for bionetrics friend who applied in mid feb got their's approved

vish1322

May 1, 2020
Yes sandhu saab i tried every possible way i could . I called them and their agents are surprised why my application is kept for almost 4.5 months.

Apr 21, 2018
My pgwp got approved today
Applied on 31 jan
Biometric Correspondence letter on 29 april
Approved today
Its all after 1 refusal and 8 months of waiting:)
So u got the wp for the duration of 1 or 3 years(depending on ur studies) i mean have they reduced those 8 months periods in which u were eligible to work full time or have given you the wp for a full 1 or 3 year period?

vish1322

May 1, 2020
i am just waiting brother. This is best i can do and you might can do the same as one of my friend applied on 13 dec , he is also waiting