+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

jasmineD

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Congrats. I gave my biometrics on February 4th only due to no slot available before that, whether that might be the reason for delay of my application...???
Biometrics won’t affect the date, it Will be calculated based on the date of application.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Hi guys

Having problems with my PGWP now.. wondering if anyone has any ideas on the following situation

I finished school in December, 2019, study permit and visa expired on December 31, 2019. I applied for study permit extension on December 29th, 2019 (before it expired). Got my official transcript and letter from university on January 29, 2020. Applied for PGWP on February 5, 2020 along with a letter of explanation why I am applying for PGWP while being on implied status where I referred to my Study Permit Extension Application.

Is everything correct here? As far as I know I don't need valid study permit when applying for PGWP, I called CIC 100500 times but never got any useful info from them.

Would appreciate any help!
Hi, can you please confirm if you have received an update on either applications and if CPC requested further documents for both. Thanks!

k.karina

Feb 6, 2020
Hi, can you please confirm if you have received an update on either applications and if CPC requested further documents for both. Thanks!
Hi,

I got biometrics request letter in the beginning of March and gave my biometrics on Mar 13, it was updated on the account right away for both applications. Since then nothing

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Hi,

I got biometrics request letter in the beginning of March and gave my biometrics on Mar 13, it was updated on the account right away for both applications. Since then nothing
That is interesting. I am surprised you didn't get the study permit extension since they seem to have completed processing December applications. It may be that they are trying to process your PGWP as a singular application.

All the best with that. Please be sure to update us should things change. I am in a similar situation as you. Thanks!

Anirudh121

May 13, 2017
Applied on April 11th. Got biometrics letter next day itself but every office in Ontario is closed.. What am I supposed to do?